Buttkicker help needed

Maolain

Finally got my Buttkicker working, sort of. I have Main Audio Out set as (Speakers) Buttkicker Plus, and use Bose wireless headphones, as listed under the headphones heading. My chair shakes but I get NO audio in my headphones EXCEPT for radio communications from ATC, etc. Weird, no? Anybody have similar experience? Anybody think of a solution?

appreciate any help.

Maolain

22 hours ago, Maolain said:

Finally got my Buttkicker working, sort of. I have Main Audio Out set as (Speakers) Buttkicker Plus, and use Bose wireless headphones, as listed under the headphones heading. My chair shakes but I get NO audio in my headphones EXCEPT for radio communications from ATC, etc. Weird, no? Anybody have similar experience? Anybody think of a solution?

appreciate any help.

Maolain

Please check DCS - Settings - Audio, what do you have selected for "Main audio out" and "Headphones"

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 1/3/2024 at 9:59 PM, Maolain said:

appreciate any help.

Maolain

The audio device you select for headset only gets the audio that plays in the pilot's headset, not the general cockpit audio so what you described is exactly correct for the options you selected.

You want the cockpit audio to go to the buttkicker and to your headset. That requires additional software - see the buttkicker software.

Edited by Scott-S6

• 4 weeks later...

Late reply; did you get your issue resolved?  2nd what ToastFrenzy said - use the 3rd party software (eg Simshaker) with the Buttkicker if possible, which uses the interface with DCS to set vibration levels, etc per DCS outputs; save the audio for, well, speakers (in the 20-20k Hz audible range) for your ears.  Much better experience in my opinion.

I would use the HaptiConnect software from Buttkicker which now works with DCS.   The recommended way to use this software is NOT to use the headset splitter and connect the amp directly to your Buttkicker. Normal in-game sounds should then continue to your speakers/headset as normal, the telemetry from DCS aircraft drives the Buttkicker not the sound coming from the game.  

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

11 hours ago, DEG said:

Late reply; did you get your issue resolved?  2nd what ToastFrenzy said - use the 3rd party software (eg Simshaker) with the Buttkicker if possible, which uses the interface with DCS to set vibration levels, etc per DCS outputs; save the audio for, well, speakers (in the 20-20k Hz audible range) for your ears.  Much better experience in my opinion.

I strongly think the solution is about DCS sound settings, and it has nothing to do with the buttkicker or associated software.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

39 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I strongly think the solution is about DCS sound settings, and it has nothing to do with the buttkicker or associated software.

Yes and no - you can use either the actual sound of DCS to feed the buttkicker, in which case you need a splitter (the meh solution) or you need a third party software that produces dedicated effects for the buttkicker over a second sound adapter. The latter is the superior solution by far.

DCS can only output to one audio device.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

11 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Yes and no - you can use either the actual sound of DCS to feed the buttkicker, in which case you need a splitter (the meh solution) or you need a third party software that produces dedicated effects for the buttkicker over a second sound adapter. The latter is the superior solution by far.

DCS can only output to one audio device.

Not sure about your last statement, I have DCS regular sound playing through my speakers and comms playing through the speakers from my Rift S.
I choose both output from DCS audio settings. And I have checked the option "hear like in helmet".
The OP precisely remarks he´s receiving comms. So I think he just needs to choose the proper output for his system

image.png

3 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Not sure about your last statement, I have DCS regular sound playing through my speakers and comms playing through the speakers from my Rift S.
I choose both output from DCS audio settings. And I have checked the option "hear like in helmet".
The OP precisely remarks he´s receiving comms. So I think he just needs to choose the proper output for his system

image.png

I meant, that the Main audio stream (which is the one you would need to use for a buttkicker, unless you use a third party software) can only be directed to one audio device. 

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 1/30/2024 at 7:10 AM, Yeti42 said:

I would use the HaptiConnect software from Buttkicker which now works with DCS.   The recommended way to use this software is NOT to use the headset splitter and connect the amp directly to your Buttkicker. Normal in-game sounds should then continue to your speakers/headset as normal, the telemetry from DCS aircraft drives the Buttkicker not the sound coming from the game.  

THAT! ... was the worst experience EVER in regards of a use with the buttkicker! Sorry, but they failed here!
IMPO I'd strongly advice to use Andre's excellent sim shaker software when using a haptical feedback system in conjunction with DCS. I made my experiences with audio splitters (like voicemeter). They work well upon getting settings straight but since this is a volume/ sound repeater they just send audio and no .lua feedbacks like landing bumps, flap traveling movements etc. Andre did a great job getting the .lua files extracted and connected with his software and you have plenty possibilities of adjusting certain effects into your buttkicker system.

Cheers

• Like 1

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR