Controls reset and the cells are all greyed out so now I can't rebind them.

I just opened up DCS to do the F-15C campaign, but upon entering, I realized my key binds weren't working. I opened up controls expecting me to have set something wrong, only to see that all my controls were gone and that about 80% of the controls were greyed out, without any option to add new controls. The only controls that I could add were view controls and function key controls. I scoured the internet but couldn't find much on the topic. I deleted any custom content I downloaded, such as a mission, and the clickable FC3 mod that I wasn't using. I deleted all the input files from the saved games folder, and also from the main folder, in the Mods/aircraft/Flaming Cliffs/Input. I also went and updated the drivers for my HOTAS. The HOTAS I have is the Winwing Orion 2 throttle, with the F-15EX II grips, and the F-16 EX joystick. Nothing that I have done has helped at all. I was even playing the F-15C earlier that day and everything was fine. Any help would be appreciated!

Controls_Screenshot.PNG

Controls_Screenshot_2.PNG

Go to your saved games config folder.

Controls.

Locate the folder for the aircraft.

Delete.

This should re set all the bindings to default.

You will need to re do them all.

I have seen this many times.

Up-dates can cause this when control code changes.

See if this helps.

Please back up the original, just in case!

You can never be too careful.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Yeah, I've got backups of all the different input folders. I have tried this before and just tried it again for good measure, but the same thing happens. I reboot the game and the problem persists, and the controls are all still greyed out.

9 hours ago, TheLuckyKid said:

Yeah, I've got backups of all the different input folders. I have tried this before and just tried it again for good measure, but the same thing happens. I reboot the game and the problem persists, and the controls are all still greyed out.

Have you tried renaming DCS in the Saved Games folder and letting DCS create a new one when you launch it? Also a slow repair? I’m guessing that the latter is what you need to do because it sounds like something corrupted the default control settings in your installation.

Just reread your OP and it sounds like you also deleted the defaults in your installation. If that’s the case, do a slow repair to restore them, if you haven’t already done so.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thank you so much Ironhand, that totally fixed the problems. IDK what the problem was exactly but for some reason it called out the f-15c input folder within the Flaming Cliffs folder as custom content. But, now everything is fine. Seems like the slow repair is the way to go.