DCS: F-15E Trial

141st_Gözcü

14 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Think you'll have to wait for the finished article - or close to it.

That isn't all that relevant (e.g. Apache has been available on trial for ages). It's a publisher decision as much as anything else as to whether a module goes into the trial programme or not.

• Like 1

Likely a decision by the devs given how early stage, but functional, the module is in early access. The F1 was for a long time without a trial option too.

All the info that would keep you from buying the Strike Eagle is readable on the internet. Everything that you'll experience in it will make you buy it, anyways. IMO, the trial is a bit pointless with this bird atm.

If I was the publisher I certainly wouldn't let people trial an unfinished product. I'd make sure the product represented as close to the final product as possible first. Right now there's alot of things missing.

5 hours ago, bfr said:

That isn't all that relevant (e.g. Apache has been available on trial for ages). It's a publisher decision as much as anything else as to whether a module goes into the trial programme or not.

Well it obviously is...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

6 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Well it obviously is...

The reason I suggested it isn't is that there are examples of modules that are a long way from being feature complete that have ended up as available on trial. Its Razbam's product though at the end of the day and their commercial decision if they want to offer that option or not (much like they haven't participated in sales much lately, even with mature products like the M2000 and Harrier).

Maybe to catch all the rookies that'd try to dogfight in it and be discouraged after? 😉

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 5:05 AM, Czar66 said:

Likely a decision by the devs given how early stage, but functional, the module is in early access. The F1 was for a long time without a trial option too.

All the info that would keep you from buying the Strike Eagle is readable on the internet. Everything that you'll experience in it will make you buy it, anyways. IMO, the trial is a bit pointless with this bird atm.

I need to try out how F15E perform in VR per my 3 year old laptop spec and maps I own, I can't get that from internet.

6 hours ago, BenPR1 said:

I need to try out how F15E perform in VR per my 3 year old laptop spec and maps I own, I can't get that from internet.

Do you have any other modules? It doesn't perform any different but, unlike other, you have options to adjust that - like how many cores you want to use for radar simulation or the option for older GPU owners.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

18 hours ago, BenPR1 said:

That's a fair point I certainly missed.

As draconus pointed out above, the module doesn't perform too different from others but I need to add that when rendering the A-G radar 80nm out for the first time it stutters strangely on my end. Other than that is a fairly easy going module just like any other one out there.

There are options on the special tab for you to fine tweak the radar demands on your CPU as well as a option to render lower cockpit textures for GPUs with low VRAM. I use a RTX 3060 with 12gb and 64gb System Ram and have zero issues with it without using the low res textures option.

If you can fly the A-10C with the Mav sensor on one MFD and the TGP on the other MFD without issues, the SE won't be a problem. I've found the F-16C with Mav + TGP active on MFDs to be more demanding than the SE besides its A-G radar.

i5 10400 + RTX 3060 12gb + 64gb Ram + DCS on a normal SSD.

I hope you can have enough data to be accurate with how your PC will perform before buying and without frustration, for real.
Perhaps the Devs should be releasing system requirements for modules too.

Happy flying.

20 hours ago, BenPR1 said:

It is comparable to all the other non-FC3 modules with the exception of the radar, the ground radar can bog down the CPU depending on your settings.  Otherwise, if you fly the Hornet, Viper or Hog, it's not going to perform all that differently