new to DCS, think i changed display setting

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

just downloaded the game and jumped right into setting to look for multi screen support. i think i selected 3 screens but now after my game loads, screen is in vertical and buttons to go to menus or to desktop are cutoff. how do i restore default settings?

Screenshot 2024-01-23 224527.png

Look in your user\saved games folder for the dcs or dcs.openbeta folder. Then in the folder config should be a file called options.lua which holds the settings

Either rename\delete that file to wipe all settings you changed or edit it ( I suggest notepad++) and change the setting for multimonitorsetup to 1camera

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Solution
Just now, DavesInVegas said:

in the config folder there is no options.lua

he said "Look in your user\saved games folder for the dcs or dcs.openbeta folder" .... you are looking into the DCS program folder, not /Saved Games/

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thank you, im new to pc gaming. i found the correct file. i was confused because i was looking for the file on the drive i installed dcs on. i bought a 1tb nvme drive just for dcs. but i found the user file on my main drive. im guessing thats because changes to the settings are saved under the user of the PC.  sorry for the noob questions, all this is new to me 

next question is how do i get my 3 monitors to work with DCS😅

2 hours ago, DavesInVegas said:

im guessing thats because changes to the settings are saved under the user of the PC

correct, that way you can re-install DCS on the future, without affecting your settings and preferences.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB