Real life weapon release parameters and separation physics modelling

Lace

It would be great if we had some accurate separation modelling with possible airframe contact and damage if weapons are released outside of tested parameters.  There are some good videos available of mishaps during envelope testing.

At the moment they seem to just 'pop off' the jet at any speeds or g loads.

In a related note, over-G of the targeting pods would be great too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Totally agree. I saw mover (real life f-18c pilot USN, has a podcast, etc.) talking about dropping bombs, and he said that even with earplugs, headset, helmet and the engine noise he could hear and feel the relief of tension when dropping bombs on the entire aircraft. Imagine dropping bombs from the wings with a +5g pull, the sudden change of tension would probably affect the wing integrity. Or even because of the g's applied the bombs could get stuck by friction to the bomb holders of the aircraft. Or the fuse wouldn't release correctly.

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

You'd feel that 1000 pounds suddenly detach from wing, in DCS currently jets just start rolling to the side.

Video showing what happens when bombs are released:

I'm now so used my simshaker pad give be a bump when I release my bombs. That if I  fly without it. And I drop bombs, I'm wondering did the bomb drop or not? Particularly in warbirds or other older aircraft that don't give visual cues that a bomb is dropped. 

I love my little "bumps" no worrying if the bomb or fuel tank really did drop.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.