Drive Hardware Replacement needs Modules Re-Activation?

BiBa

I'm in the process of expanding the drive and need to replace the 1TB SSD with a 4TB.
Will the certificates of my modules be affected?
What do I have to do beforehand?

Many Thanks in Advance

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

16 minutes ago, BiBa said:

I'm in the process of expanding the drive and need to replace the 1TB SSD with a 4TB.
Will the certificates of my modules be affected?

No, DCS nowadays employs a key-less copy-protection scheme, you only need to remember your user credentials and password.

16 minutes ago, BiBa said:

What do I have to do beforehand?

You could backup the DCS program folder, so that you can restore it later on your new drive and thus avoid a long re-download of the software.

You MUST backup your /Saved Games/DCS World/ folder, as it contains your settings, control bindings, custom liveries and missions, and your Campaign status.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, DCS nowadays employs a key-less copy-protection scheme, you only need to remember your user credentials and password.

Good to know - thanks

You could backup the DCS program folder, so that you can restore it later on your new drive and thus avoid a long re-download of the software.

You MUST backup your /Saved Games/DCS World/ folder, as it contains your settings, control bindings, custom liveries and missions, and your Campaign status.

The whole Operating system and content will migrate to the new drive anyway including DCS Saved Games folder

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

connect in your new drive and use some drive cloning software eg acronis or clonezilla and copy everything over onto your new drive

will save time having to re-install windows and or copy / backup stuff

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.