Finally getting into DCS warbirds

davidrbarnette

Long time DCS'er here, but I've never messed with any of the warbirds as I've always been pleased with the experience in some other sims. Lately, the VR performance and aged appearance in other sims has started to bother me, and with Masters of the Air starting up, I decided to dive in to DCS P-51, Normandy 2, the Channel Map, and the Blue Nosed Bastards campaign.

Holy smokes, I can't believe what I've been missing. The study-level functionality, flight model, and beautiful representation of the scenery on the Normandy map has blown me away. Combine that with the awesome campaign, and it's the ultimate warbird experience. 

I really hope to see more WWII content coming our way in the future!

• Like 8

• ED Team

Hi David, 

glad you are enjoying the WWII content, 

We do have some more WWII work to come in the future, including WWII Marianas terrain, hellcat and more, we will share news as we get closer to release. 

thanks

bignewy

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I’ve barely touched my jets or helis compared to my time in our prop stuff. 

We need a lot of bits we don’t have (or we’d like) but there’s plenty of good flying to be had still.

The more the merrier though, looking forward to packing out our vintage hangars too. Enjoy :pilotfly:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Long time DCS'er here, but I've never messed with any of the warbirds as I've always been pleased with the experience in some other sims. Lately, the VR performance and aged appearance in other sims has started to bother me, and with Masters of the Air starting up, I decided to dive in to DCS P-51, Normandy 2, the Channel Map, and the Blue Nosed Bastards campaign.

Holy smokes, I can't believe what I've been missing. The study-level functionality, flight model, and beautiful representation of the scenery on the Normandy map has blown me away. Combine that with the awesome campaign, and it's the ultimate warbird experience. 

Welcome to warbirds! Yes, the level of immersion is amazing.

I've been very fortunate to have sat in a Spitfire and the only thing really lacking in DCS VR is the smell of oil!

I love flying the P-51 but the BF-109 is my favourite.

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

2 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Nothing test your skill as a pilot as reflected campaigns. You really need to know the in and out of the aircraft you fly to surive the missions.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 1 month later...

Talk about challenging. The flying the combat and engine management immersion is by far more than any modern jet. And the frustration. So many things can go wrong as well. 

• Like 1

George

DCS Profile.png