Just flight Vulcan port

ollk22

I wonder if any third party developers might be willing to take on Just Flights Vulcan and bring it over to DCS? The modelling and detail looks stunning! I can imagine it would be a very popular addition to those who enjoy playing the South Atlantic maps!

Any thoughts?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ollk22 said:

I wonder if any third party developers might be willing to take on Just Flights Vulcan and bring it over to DCS? The modelling and detail looks stunning! I can imagine it would be a very popular addition to those who enjoy playing the South Atlantic maps!

Any thoughts?

It wouldn't be bad if Just Fly became a 3rd Party for DCS World, now I'm "worried" about getting a license to make a bomber, with certain UK military equipment, to be implemented in DCS World. It would not only be good for operations on the South Atlantic map, but also operations in the Cold War.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ollk22 said:

bring it over to DCS

I'm pretty sure it's a bit more complex than that: it would likely have to be remade from scratch. And since DCS is more complicated than MSFS, there might not be enough data available/allowed for a DCS module anyway.
Also, multiple times ED have made statements about large bombers in DCS, saying they don't make any sense given the current limitations on map size.
When we have spherical earth it would make more sense, but even then you need enough public data...

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 2/2/2024 at 1:50 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

It would not only be good for operations on the South Atlantic map, but also operations in the Cold War.

Note that Vulcan isn't actually well suited for SA. The one time they did anything during Falklands was an epic daisy chain of tankers to bring them all the way to Falklands and back to Ascension Island.