Refueling Problem?

joojoo

58 minutes ago, joojoo said:
Why I cannot communicate with the tanker despite that I am in the right frequency? I try COMM 1 at 255.00 but the tanker never responds!Screen_240209_005249.jpg

1) Is it even the correct tanker? Only the KC-135 non-MPRS will respond to you

2) Are you even using the correct radio PTT button to call the tanker? The default intercom button will not work. 

Also a note: You set radio 2 to 255.0. If you try to use comm1 to contact the tanker, it will not work. You tuned radio 2 to the tanker but using radio 1 with preset channel 1 (whatever frequency is assigned to that channel) to communicate... 

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JesseJames38 said:

After the last update you have to go into the up front controller and change the radio from am to fm or the other way around

That's true for Radio 2 but not Radio 1 AFAIK, but there are likely other skill issues involved...

According to your screenshot, your radios are both in Preset Mode and both set to channel 1.

Whatever freq. your Channel 1 might be.

Pushing the 255.000 on your scratchpad and pressing ENTER will not change the freq. as long as you keep your radios on Preset Mode.

Try and switch your Comm to manual freq Mode to use the freq. you see displayed above your scratchpad. You will notice the Chevron in front of the freq. will also hop up to that line.

To do so, press the GREC C/M Button on the upper right.

Also: Do you contact the correct tanker (has to be a Boom, not a MPRS) ? Do you use the correct PTT Button for the corresponding Comm (as mentioned by Razor) ?

Lastly: Am i seeing this correctly that you have the volume turned down on both comms ?

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

12 hours ago, Jel said:

According to your screenshot, your radios are both in Preset Mode and both set to channel 1.

Whatever freq. your Channel 1 might be.

Pushing the 255.000 on your scratchpad and pressing ENTER will not change the freq. as long as you keep your radios on Preset Mode.

Try and switch your Comm to manual freq Mode to use the freq. you see displayed above your scratchpad. You will notice the Chevron in front of the freq. will also hop up to that line.

To do so, press the GREC C/M Button on the upper right.

Also: Do you contact the correct tanker (has to be a Boom, not a MPRS) ? Do you use the correct PTT Button for the corresponding Comm (as mentioned by Razor) ?

Lastly: Am i seeing this correctly that you have the volume turned down on both comms ?

He's on the Radio 1 UFC page, so we can see Preset 1 is set to 251.000 as well.  We don't know if he is correctly using Radio 2 or what its Preset 1 is set to, though.

OP has not responded since last week