WoW!!!!

If you take "RTFM" as bashing then you're a bit too sensitive. This word is a standing joke as well as a kind of "truth" in the sim community.

Something that needs to be made really really clear for people that say they dont have any time to read a manual (dont know how this works when your into sims... but ok) is that the PDF manuals have a SEARCH FUNCTION. Highlight not meant as screaming. Just marking it more. Open the PDF and then it says SEARCH at the top. Put in a word and bang - your right on target. Very easy to scout out the parts you need to read about.

Next time also just wait a bit and someone will help. Even though the first answer might be RTFM. But saying to others that they are blunt for not answering your questions when you in turn tell us that "you dont have time to read the manual" and just want to play and have others tell you the answers seems equally blunt to me.

However dont be afraid to ask questions. This community is very friendly and have tons and tons of knowledge about the aviation world. Sims and RL. Just take some answers with a pinch of salt. Like said many times, many here have answered the same questions so many times it gets a bit repetitive. And it gets repetitive because so many seems to forget there is a SEARCH button on the forum as well. Just try use it a bit more and when you cant get the answer you want from that - post! ;)

BTW: Welcome! :thumbup:

Regards

Alex

• Like 1

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I think the point has already been made several times. No need to jump on anyone's back after a full day still. ;)

Glad you ended with a warm welcome, though! Great job! :D Afterall we don't want to push away people; we need more cannon fodder! *grin*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Some people are just excited about this sim and want to engage the community :-)

Exactly, i grew up on the old Atari 800XL with silent service, solo flight, etc then moved on to apache longbow and all those diffrent sims, the latest being IL2 Sturmovik which i have had alot of fun creating missions, and campaigns with the mission editor, i stumbled on DCS Black Shark while i was watching videos on youtube, found the website and took a risk at buying it, (need a demo), so yea i got a little excited about this game after i played it a few times and thought this would be a good place to ask some questions, (newbie questions.), i realize after i posted the questions that there is probably an answer here somewhere in these forums, just dont have time to look and took the easy way out buy starting a new thread, my mistake. I worked 121/2 hours today, so maybe i will be able to RTFM afterwhile, i doubt it. :book:

RTFM 1 page at a time.

Rjennings no worries bub... Glad to see everyone back to normal this evening... Now who needs help with their Kamovs this evening... I'll be hosting the server and ventrillo tonight for any new comers that would like interactive / online help.. ask for IP and vent info

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BLACKLION 204

F-14D BuNo 163159

Fighter Squadron Two One Three

LCDR James "Rat" Trapp

http://www.cvw-8.org

Did the server work out, Yoti? If so rep's inbound! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I think the point has already been made several times. No need to jump on anyone's back after a full day still. ;)

Glad you ended with a warm welcome, though! Great job! :D Afterall we don't want to push away people; we need more cannon fodder! *grin*

Well, it hasnt been a full day since I read this whole thread and I have to say that GGTheros was completely rude for someone that is representing a company, sarcasm or not. I enjoy reading through these forums a lot, but that really turned me off.. and yes a niche market like this cannot afford to turn anyone away. Especially, with no demo nor much review to find on the 'net, these forums are a place a lot of people come to to get an idea about the game.

I probably would not have made this reply, but feel obliged since GGTheros did not once attempt an apology.

Well, it hasnt been a full day since I read this whole thread and I have to say that GGTheros was completely rude for someone that is representing a company, sarcasm or not. I enjoy reading through these forums a lot, but that really turned me off.. and yes a niche market like this cannot afford to turn anyone away. Especially, with no demo nor much review to find on the 'net, these forums are a place a lot of people come to to get an idea about the game.

I probably would not have made this reply, but feel obliged since GGTheros did not once attempt an apology.

If GGTharos was rude I don't know how would you describe another people (yes there are some threads when newbie asked and people were more unpleasant) answers in similar threads. As I guess flight simulators are dominated by elder people who know that asking about something which it is in the manual before searching the manual or forum is not too smart. I think most of us are pleased that new man wanna try sim and play it but it doesn't change fact that if basic questions are answered many times there is no any need to create same questions XX times again. That is all. When someone writes "search forum", "RTFM", ect. it is not to offend person who asked the question but to teach people search first. If we searched and didn't find any solution for our problem then we can start new thread.

I think "Newbie" subforum would be good :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If GGTharos was rude I don't know how would you describe another people (yes there are some threads when newbie asked and people were more unpleasant) answers in similar threads. As I guess flight simulators are dominated by elder people who know that asking about something which it is in the manual before searching the manual or forum is not too smart. I think most of us are pleased that new man wanna try sim and play it but it doesn't change fact that if basic questions are answered many times there is no any need to create same questions XX times again. That is all. When someone writes "search forum", "RTFM", ect. it is not to offend person who asked the question but to teach people search first. If we searched and didn't find any solution for our problem then we can start new thread.

I think "Newbie" subforum would be good :)

I understand that the net can be a rough place, again my only issue was that the response was from a company rep to a customer. If he wanted to know if the program was pirated, PM him and ask. Any reasonable person would believe the reason he posted that question. Second, there are better ways to RTFM someone... hell, let someone in the community do it. And no time is 'wasting my time' for a paying customer.

I teach customer/guest service and manage people to carry out that service and perhaps that is making me a little overzealous in putting these words down. But if one of my employees had this line of response to a guest, he/she would be promptly 'separated', no excuse acceptable.

Regardless, this is one of the most, if not the most, helpful and enthusiastic communities in gaming that I have come across on the net; especially helpful in such a niche and technical sim that this is. Keep it up!

Yes you are correct, but also understand that while we might see RTFM as a ironic way to say to read the manual first, it can come across as rather rude to someone who's less familiar with the term and only knows it stands for:

Read The F*cking Manual

That one word makes it sound rude to a newcomer. It's like you're immediately told off for something you do not know was incorrect.

On the other hand, I do fully agree that people should at least make some effort in finding out stuff before going to the forums and start to spam it with questions that have been answered already several times.

It's all in the way its being presented, IMO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:book:

Read The F*cking Manual

I thought it was: Read The F*nny Manual. :doh: Damn those F*nny internet acronyms. :D

P.S.: If it is not F*nny after all, then I guess RTFM means "Go and read Kamasutra" :book:

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

1. Welcome to the forums, Rjennings!

2. Of course you can ask all your questions here, but please note that you are also supposed to know the forum rules when registering. Rule 4.2 explicitly states that you should use the search function before starting a new thread. ;)

i dont have time to RTFM

You may not like to hear it, but the truth is, if you are interested in mastering the simulation aspect of Black Shark beyond the game mode, you won't get very far with that attitude. I completely understand that you would like to spend your precious time with flying rather than reading, but unlike other genres, reading the manual is an integral part of playing (flight) simulations, especially in the learning phase. Ideally you should place the manual next to your PC and, after making yourself familar with the most important cockpit features, go through the training course step by step, as outlined in chapters 6 and 7 of the manual (+ view the training tracks). Such an organized training procedure will get you up to speed much quicker than by just trying things here and there and without maybe even reading the manual. This takes some time and patience, but it will pay off in the end. :)

4. And while I am at citing rules, may I also remind everybody of no 1.3: discussing moderator actions in public is off limits. If you think a mod made a mistake (although unlikely to happen ;)), please contact him directly via PM.

So let's rest this case now, and Rjennings: enjoy your stay!

Edited by Acedy

Did the server work out, Yoti? If so rep's inbound! ;)

Oh yeah it works... always has.. but until the patch comes out fixing the phantom port mystery my servers don't display right on the master list.. Until this is fixed the only way to connect to my server is direct IP... From there you can get the ventrillo info.. If you need the IP shoot me a PM on here.. All the newbies and even the veterens are welcome to come in

• Like 1

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BLACKLION 204

F-14D BuNo 163159

Fighter Squadron Two One Three

LCDR James "Rat" Trapp

http://www.cvw-8.org

FYI.. it is 'Read The Fine Manual'

:music_whistling:

For those of us that have been in the Simulation/Games hobby a long time, it is a joke that has been around a long time. It is not rude. Though a joke, it has the element of truth to it, as there are always those people whoe come along and say, (*please..maybe please is added..) 'tell me all I need to know, I don't have the time to read it....'

and we have all seen these posts in forums... now tell me, after seeing those posts, you don't agree with RTFM... I dare you..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

:book:

I thought it was: Read The F*nny Manual. :doh: Damn those F*nny internet acronyms. :D

P.S.: If it is not F*nny after all, then I guess RTFM means "Go and read Kamasutra" :book:

Now it can mean funny then :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I read about three pages of this topic and I must say, the bickering back and forth is, in my honest opinion, childish. GG, I understand your frustration at answering the same questions over and over, however, you were a bot harsh on rjennings.

Rjennings, you should really take the time to read the manuals. Also, watch the producers notes and compilations. You will find it very helpful. Last of all, lighten up.

Now this last remark is for Kuky...I hate your signature man. Scrolling the forums and I see that damned little bug pop out of nowhere, I thought my cell phone was infested.

Peace.

Edited by ArchAngel

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Other than RTFM, is there a funny acronym for "take 4 seconds and scan the button list instead of 20 minutes responding to pointless threads"? Let's at least elevate this to the discussion on the correct position of the x-feed fuel switch in a c&d pit. I kid, I kid. Looks like Jennings got the right idea and is in his Black Shark. Ok-less posting and more flying, ladies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]