PL-11 information.

FlankerFan35

13 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Hi Deka or anyone in the know, can anyone detail the changes between AIM-7E, Aspide-1A and PL-11? I've read that its performance is only slightly better than the 7E and some saying its closer to a 7M, any info would be appreciated.

Closer to 7M? For the little information I know, PL-11 wasn't closer to 7M, at least not the original PL-11.

However, there are 2 upgraded A and B variants.  A variant had a new motor and seeker, which gave it a similar performance as AIM-7L. The B variant was just an A variant with an active seeker.

5m0kyC0.jpeg

• Like 4

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, uboats said:

pl11b turns to an ARH?

AMR-1 was a project to turn the Pl-11 into a ARH missile. I don’t think it was produced but it did make it to hardware prototype. 1996 Zhuhai show IMG_1278.png

On 3/11/2024 at 5:20 PM, uboats said:

pl11b turns to an ARH?

Why are you surprised? Because PLAAF asked you that very question back in the wishlist. 

Since you mentioned it, can you make the B variant, please?  😊😇

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 9:30 AM, TLTeo said:

There is no such thing as an AIM-7L - I guess you meant 7F?

Sorry, I apologise. That was a mistake on my part. It was an article I read a long time ago and I got it mixed up with the AIM-9L and PL-5E comparison.

So I went back and found that article and read it again. It only stated that:

"The A variant is an improved variant with greater range and more powerful warhead. The improved seeker head requires the guidance of the fire-control radar of the aircraft only during the final stage of the flight. The B variant is also known as PL-11-ARM. This is an active radar-homing derivative of the A variant, with an AMR-1 active radar-homing seeker developed by the 607 institute."

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰