DCS ST VR - Mouse cursor color now Black

Go to solution Solved by Rocky49,

On 2/23/2024 at 4:08 AM, Flappie said:

Why so?

It's important that devs are aware of all MT issues, so they can be fixed before ST disappears. That's why I'm asking why you prefer using ST for the moment.

I followed some advice I saw in the VR bugs thread.  I un-installed all my VR apps, then re-installed them.  and now DCS MultiThreading works fine without dizzyness.  I didn't realize that MT came out after I had installed VR on my PC.  Thanks much, I will keep using MT from here on out.  

Edited by Talvid
  • Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

On 3/1/2024 at 10:27 PM, Talvid said:

I followed some advice I saw in the VR bugs thread.  I un-installed all my VR apps, then re-installed them.  and now DCS MultiThreading works fine without dizzyness.  I didn't realize that MT came out after I had installed VR on my PC.  Thanks much, I will keep using MT from here on out.  

what VR apps was you using, im still getting those dizzy spells in VR DCS MT

Reg:pilotfly:

I have the DCS Cursor black issue with MT and opened a separate thread for that....

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

On 3/5/2024 at 3:38 AM, Regamuffin said:

what VR apps was you using, im still getting those dizzy spells in VR DCS MT

Something happened, and now I'm back to dizzy spells a lot, but I just take a snapshot with the PrintScreen key, and it makes it all better instantly.  I'm using PimaxXR Runtime, Pimax PC, OpenXR, and OpenComposite (Which was key to reducing my dizzyness dramatically: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbEMxSGw0M3BsVUlnaW15anAzOGFpQTg3c3paUXxBQ3Jtc0trUUUzV3pvYUNMRHZTODJVQkMwUklfNXAtLXJNSFNxcVhpTmw3LVl4elZDcVp5Q3RnX3huZlgyZjRhcU9zUUxDMUNVSk9mcUc5aXA1dGFobmxZM0JITTBWSnBVQ0trdGQ0OXp4aU9xekxhUXU5cTUtcw&q=https%3A%2F%2Fgitlab.com%2Fznixian%2FOpenOVR%2F-%2Ftree%2Fopenxr&v=Ha9QHmOi1n8

Try this in Open XR:  

nullimage.pngnull

more info can be found in the description of this video: 

Edited by Talvid

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

On 2/23/2024 at 3:08 AM, Flappie said:

Why so?

It's important that devs are aware of all MT issues, so they can be fixed before ST disappears. That's why I'm asking why you prefer using ST for the moment.

@Flappie MT used to be very solid for me but since the last patch I too run ST all the time because there is now an extremely high chance in MT that at some point my VR feed goes black and never comes back.  I much prefer MT, but in a 1 hour session I'm almost guaranteed to hit this at least once and I'm usually the game host, so I can't have that level of instability. Game is running fine, so everyone else can continue...  but my VR somehow desync's is the best I can describe it. Only on MT, really hoping whatever was introduced in that patch goes back to normal later.

• Thanks 1

If you experience it again (in case you try MT again) please attach your session dcs.log file and your VR gear log if there is such a thing.

Note you can run a dedicated server on your PC. This allows you to rejoin the game whenever your DCS client crashes or when you lose the VR gear.

I do this sometimes and it works fine (I'm not using VR though).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I have the same issue, running MT in VR (OpenXR), and my cursor is in black and I can't see nothing during night time. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

On 3/23/2024 at 12:31 AM, Flappie said:

If you experience it again (in case you try MT again) please attach your session dcs.log file and your VR gear log if there is such a thing.

Note you can run a dedicated server on your PC. This allows you to rejoin the game whenever your DCS client crashes or when you lose the VR gear.

I do this sometimes and it works fine (I'm not using VR though).

I think I might have worked around it by creating a new shortcut to launch DCS with "bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR" instead of selecting options in the Steam launch window.  Not sure what happened in the last patch to require me to do this to get things on OpenXR again but for now at least it's not crashing, still a black cursor but hopefully that gets fixed sometime I guess. Thanks for the note on the dedicated server, we were doing that previously. Might be time to start again.

@Jenson @icuham Please attach your dcs.log (from "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs") and your options.lua ("Saved Games/DCS.../Config"). It might help me reproduce the issue in MT (so far, I can't).

Edited by Flappie

On 3/28/2024 at 1:37 AM, Flappie said:

@Jenson @icuham Please attach your dcs.log (from "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs") and your options.lua ("Saved Games/DCS.../Config"). It might help me reproduce the issue in MT (so far, I can't).

here we go, I'm using MT and the cursor is black, can't see anything during night time. 

dcs.log

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thanks.

You're running ST:

2024-03-30 12:18:09.800 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

You should be able to find MT in here:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks.

You're running ST:

2024-03-30 12:18:09.800 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

You should be able to find MT in here:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe

Thanks Flappie, but this is still weird, because I did have the quick access linked to mt folder, please see attached picture, I have four icons for DCS, and I'm sure that each time I'm clicking on the DCS MT VR. Anyway, even for ST, black color cursor is a nightmare, are we able to change it maybe to blue or green? Thanks. 

null

image.png

19 hours ago, Jenson said:

Thanks Flappie, but this is still weird, because I did have the quick access linked to mt folder, please see attached picture, I have four icons for DCS, and I'm sure that each time I'm clicking on the DCS MT VR.

Weird, indeed.

You really should try MT. What happens if you double-click DCS.exe from the bin-mt/ folder?

To recognize MT from the main menu, look at the version number. You should see this:

image.png

19 hours ago, Jenson said:

Anyway, even for ST, black color cursor is a nightmare, are we able to change it maybe to blue or green? Thanks.

I have no idea, but I dont think so.

This ST issue is reported, but ST receives less and less fixes. MT gets priority since only MT will remain in the end.

same here... black cursor in ST...
...MT was great but from last update i get like 23 fps in it versus normal 90/45 ASW framerates in ST
7800x3d, 64gb, 7900xtx, Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 3 weeks later...