So the S300 detection/tracking range is still very low...at my example it detects a F16 at ~30k ft, Mach 1,7  only at 22km and engages at 18km an that over bone flat terrain..the patriot SAM for comparison detects and engages the F16 at 52 km regardles of skill level....something seems still wrong here with the S300 Performance.

S300 detection attack at 18,4km.acmi S300 low tracking distance.trk patriot SAM.trk

Your F-16 is equipped with a jamming pod, which explains why the launch distance is reduced for the SA-10.

However, it seems that there are serious inconsistencies with jamming effects on SAMs. The Patriot and SA-10 versions we have in DCS have pretty similar radar and guidance technologies, and it seems weird that the Patriot is so much more resistant to jamming in DCS. Also, I've tested jamming against the SA-2, and it manages to launch at around 27 km... So yes, very unrealistic that the SA-2 has better resistance to jamming than the SA-10. 

I hope things will get more fleshed out in this regard since ED announced they want to better model electronic warfare in DCS. Currently there are many problems with it across the board.

• Like 1

I created a little test mission for all kind of SAMs. Seems like some SAMs have very hard times to shoot down anything. 
See track and mission.

And btw. there's no mobile S-300 search radar. Making the SA-10 search radar compatible would be a nice solution until a real mobile S-300 search radar is available.

SAM-performance.miz SAM-performance.trk

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3