Syria Map is NOT PLAYABLE IN VR

LOW_Hitman

4 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Without MSAA the game is pure eye-cancer.

Yes I don't like it either. I'm hoping for Vulkan to bring enough headroom to do something about that.
But as far as I understand MSAA is an extremely outdated technology since it was designed for games that primarily use geometry for their graphical fidelity, instead of more advanced post-processing techniques.
People have been bugging ED about replacing MSAA by a better post-process AA method ever since DCS 2.5 came out, because MSAA is incompatible with deferred shading.

I'd suggest playing around with Pixel Density instead, or upping the render scale in your headset's software.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

58 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

DLAA, DLSS and so on are no option, useless in VR - full of ghosting and blurry picture.

Try increasing the resolution to about 2900x2800 and see how it looks with DLAA and DLSS quality. Add sharpening. Hopefully that well help it looks better. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Qcumber:

Try increasing the resolution to about 2900x2800 and see how it looks with DLAA and DLSS quality. Add sharpening. Hopefully that well help it looks better. 

thnx! I tried it withou MSAA - its far better now - only a few stutters but its a visual mess. Tried also your adviced settings - its sharp but i get a lot of ghosting - some planes in front of me are doubled or more. I'll try to set override application and 2x MSAA within the nvidia driver - maybe this helps.

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

2 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

thnx! I tried it withou MSAA - its far better now - only a few stutters but its a visual mess. Tried also your adviced settings - its sharp but i get a lot of ghosting - some planes in front of me are doubled or more. I'll try to set override application and 2x MSAA within the nvidia driver - maybe this helps.

Yes. The smearing that occurs with DLAA/DLSS does appear to vary a lot. I'm hoping it will get better. I've managed to find a happy medium where it is minimal and I can live with it in most situations. Like most things in VR it takes some time and tweaking. 

• Thanks 1

A few questions (sorry if some of them got asked earlier, I did not read every single word of all previous posts):

- How's the FPS if running a simple single-player mission created with the mission editor: Just choose a point on the map, spawn and read the FPS.
- Where does the FPS loss occur? High up in the air or real close to the ground?
- How's your RAM utilization (in-game check using task manager) with Caucasus and Syria?
- Which VR settings (VD/Steam PC applications, not in-game VR settings) do you use?

Edited by Landei
Sauwichtige Änderungen.

• 2 weeks later...

The Syria map uses a lot of Vram , drop your PD down to 1.0 , turn shadows off , have low terrain on in Syria . Medium textures . 

Check Vram usage . Also there is problems with lots of ground objects loading in and out with MT. Memory leak and texture popping.

See jabbers video . YouTube. 

• Thanks 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
Am 26.3.2024 um 09:32 schrieb KoN:

The Syria map uses a lot of Vram , drop your PD down to 1.0 , turn shadows off , have low terrain on in Syria . Medium textures . 

Check Vram usage . Also there is problems with lots of ground objects loading in and out with MT. Memory leak and texture popping.

See jabbers video . YouTube. 

tried, it's not working. Syria is unplayable with my pico 4. 10-15 fps - also strange the F14 and the F16 modules are both not playable on all maps. it's so weird...

With a SU33 for example i get 70-80 fps at caucasus for example.

Edited by LOW_Hitman

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

23 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

tried, it's not working. Syria is unplayable with my pico 4. 10-15 fps - also strange the F14 and the F16 modules are both not playable on all maps. it's so weird...

With a SU33 for example i get 70-80 fps at caucasus for example.

Very odd . You have decent system RTX3070 Ti . 32GB ram . Did you check your Vram . while loading into Syria .

Can you send setting photo . ???

Are you using Pico4 connect or VD . Have you done a clean and repair and check nvidia drivers updates . ?

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Posted (edited)
vor 3 Stunden schrieb KoN:

Very odd . You have decent system RTX3070 Ti . 32GB ram . Did you check your Vram . while loading into Syria .

Can you send setting photo . ???

Are you using Pico4 connect or VD . Have you done a clean and repair and check nvidia drivers updates . ?

Iam using pico connect and since i updated from pico streaming assistant to connect its unplayable. Iam afraid its a pico software issue. Played syria with nearly no stutters before - same settings and now its a stuttering show. I can share my nvidia settings - the game settings are set good iam sure - other modules and maps are runnin clean and at a range between 60 - 80 fps

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by LOW_Hitman

Some absolute strange thing... i tried a setting after watching a jabbers video. So i've set affinity to only use 5 cores. With this setting i was able to fly a f16 mission with nearly 70fps instead of stutters.. i will try it in a few other mission.

The pico connect is beta software , I would go back to pico link and run VD in high mode and set 75-hz in Pico 4 . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

vor 10 Stunden schrieb KoN:

The pico connect is beta software , I would go back to pico link and run VD in high mode and set 75-hz in Pico 4 . 

Iam using my pico with cable so VD is not an option. Yesterday i tried the "affinity solution" i'll test it further if it solved the issue. F16 is runnin smooth since i have changed this setting.

Some absolute strange thing... i tried a setting after watching a jabbers video. So i've set affinity to only use 5 cores. With this setting i was able to fly a f16 mission with nearly 70fps instead of stutters.. i will try it in a few other mission.
Do you have an Intel 12th or 13th gen CPU with e-cores and p-cores?
That seems to cause issues with Multithreading (DCs running on e-cores which are slower)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

17 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Iam using pico connect and since i updated from pico streaming assistant to connect its unplayable. Iam afraid its a pico software issue.

Have tried using virtual desktop? I could never get anything decent from Pico streaming assistant.  

Posted (edited)
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Qcumber:

Have tried using virtual desktop? I could never get anything decent from Pico streaming assistant.  

vor 1 Stunde schrieb VirusAM:

Do you have an Intel 12th or 13th gen CPU with e-cores and p-cores?
That seems to cause issues with Multithreading (DCs running on e-cores which are slower)

no - i9 9900k so its very strange - changed to only 5 cores instead of 8(16) and now its way better.

No chance to play via wifi - no second router and i prefer the cable solution

Edited by LOW_Hitman

If wireless i would use Virtual desktop and wait for Pico Connect to come out of Beta . jabbers video is a must watch on Youtube about the memory leaks and the stuttering with 2.9 .MT.

• Thanks 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .