Question on recent Viggen changelog- "Added optional Imperial altimeter and distance indicator".

I was intrigued by the addition of an optional imperial unit cockpit (in certain aspects) during this recent update.

However, looking in-game, I cannot seem to find where to enable or change this. In the special tab for the Viggen, it only has the option to select imperial stickers, which adds a conversion table beneath the HUD unit but does not change the altimeter or distance indicator.

Similarly, in the mission editor, there are only the RB04 logic, weapon safety height and cartridge restriction options.

Would there be a way to enable this, or did it not make the cut to be put in-game at this time?

Screen_240225_163318.jpg

Screen_240225_163630.jpg

+1 ... I couldn't find it either, as I described on this doc:

other items that I couldnt find or detect, are:

09 Removed the black paint on panels being illuminated

28 Made FLI ball horizon fixed in rotation per real device.

30 Fixed clipping on the left ejection rope and added the right side ejection rope.

34 Put emergency instruction illumination switches to TILL

46 Added “PK/FK” button on left wall panel

54 Added screws to CI modelled compass

61 Added animation for correct start pos for speed indicator hand

(I numbered the items as per the changelog list, for easier reference)

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

The switch on the left wall near landing/taxi light switch is on by default.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Usagi said:

The switch on the left wall near landing/taxi light switch is on by default.  

It's actually the switches on the ends of both of the panels in question. The left one is next to the KB switch, and the right one is on the same place but on the opposite side of the cockpit.

The imperial unit stuff was added by accident to the changelog,and was not meant to be there. Maybe in the future.. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

6 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

It's actually the switches on the ends of both of the panels in question. The left one is next to the KB switch, and the right one is on the same place but on the opposite side of the cockpit.

The imperial unit stuff was added by accident to the changelog,and was not meant to be there. Maybe in the future.. 🙂

What about the rest of the items from the changelog that @Rudel_chw  mentioned?

3 minutes ago, Snappy said:

What about the rest of the items from the changelog that @Rudel_chw  mentioned?

Soon. It's in progress.. What can be seen now anyway, some of the stuff are no longer visible due to it being fixed 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

+1 ... I couldn't find it either, as I described on this doc:

other items that I couldnt find or detect, are:

09 Removed the black paint on panels being illuminated

28 Made FLI ball horizon fixed in rotation per real device.

30 Fixed clipping on the left ejection rope and added the right side ejection rope.

46 Added “PK/FK” button on left wall panel

54 Added screws to CI modelled compass

61 Added animation for correct start pos for speed indicator hand

09. For example the black part of the Datapanel decal was illuminated with the night lighting. That stuff was removed.

28.  The horizon is separated from the rest of the ball, and do not rotate when you change course. You can see one of the "seams" as slight shading on the black part a bit below the horizon here.

image.png

30. This part of the rope was moved around a little to look more natural.

image.png

34. These switches 

image.pngimage.png

46. This switch

image.png

54. These ones

image.png

61.  The indicator's default/ off position is corrected to be around the left side of the M (instead of the 150km/h mark), it also starts to move at the correct-ish speed now. Before it started to move as soon as the aircraft started moving. Now you need 120km/h-ish before it starts to move.

image.png

Additional corrections to the PDF:
31. This is the panel that was basically remade

image.png

36. The dimming (which is currently not implemented in code) is for these two panels.
image.png

40. Is for the light shining light on the cockpit; It now changes color when you change the pol. filter, which it did not previously.
Not wrong, but..

49. This decals was added

image.png

50. Left one is the radar test one, the right one is the temperature selector. Both received text.

image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
Added more corrections
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot @MYSE1234, for all of your comments ... I have updated my doc accordingly 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

10 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

If it does get added in the future, I'd love it they could be 2 separate options. While I love the imperial markings outside the altimeter, I don't care as much about the distance scale.

(And I found the 1x / 10x indicator the mod used to be less clear/slower to parse than the mil / km from the normal one)

EDIT: I'd also be just fine if you just release it as a separate mod/cockpit we can choose to install ourselves if we want it.

Edited by LazyBoot
  • Like 1