Weird Rocking Behaviour in Auto Hover & Auto Slave

After the 22 Feb update, while in Auto Hover and Auto Slave mode, it will be stable mostly but every now and then the Gazelle goes into this weird pitching and rolling back and forth. You can see the autopilot channels of pitch and roll going 'crazy'. See attached track, near end. Look at it rocking from the external view. But the Gazelle manages to stay in position and not fall out of the sky. Can someone explain what's happening? Or is this simply autopilot WIP? Thanks  

Update: I think in trying to maintain the auto hover, the Gazelle over compensates and self-induces oscillation. You can see the CVS and ALV lights go funky between green and amber. It eventually oscillates itself out of hover criteria. When coupled with auto slave which is also WIP, it gets even worse. Manual hover and pedal to align is far more reliable than using these modes at the moment.   

SA342M Weird Behaviour.trk

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

I don't understand myself. No, I can have a good auto-hoover from the pilot place. I press the auto-hoover key, a yellow light appears near the clock at the left, the I press the camera slaving and a second light appears and all the lights become green. The auto-hoover is established and the helicopter is stable. No need to maintain the rudder. But after, the things are going bad. I jump on co-pilot seat. From this place, there is no possibility to bind a auto-hoover key. I must specify that I don't use a separate stick to control the camera to launch hot missiles.

Before, a long time ago, that's how I did: I jumped on copilot seat after having enabled the auto-hoover and hidden the Gazelle behind a building leaving just the camera protruding from the top of the building, I used the stick for targeting and using telemetry after having switched the camera mode selector on manual. From this time, the joystick didn't act on the helicopter but on the camera. If I saw a missile coming or shilka bullets, I pressed the autohoover key from the copilot place to hide totally the helicopter, because when autohoover was OFF, the joystick switched automaticly in flight commands use., then after I lifted it again to targeting again and shooting after having switched the AH ON again. Sometime I needed to press a key to yaw the helicopter in the good angle.

The issue today is that we can't use the autohoover key from copilot place and that we can't use the stick for targeting  with auto hoover switched ON.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

6 hours ago, jef32 said:

The issue today is that we can't use the autohoover key from copilot place and that we can't use the stick for targeting  with auto hoover switched ON.

When you map to your hotas the auto hover and auto slave commands available only in the pilot bindings page, those buttons mapped will also work when you are copilot in solo play. Just leave those same buttons unmapped in the copilot page. For control of TV/periscope, I mapped it to a 4-way hat on the stick.     

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

7 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

For control of TV/periscope, I mapped it to a 4-way hat on the stick.     

Ok, I'll try this manner. Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1