Master Arm Cover - Toggle command only registers close

Nightdare

Tried this on my WW UFC, on my Virpil T50 and as keystroke

It registers in control options, but in game, it's only able to close the cover, not open it

Any other function in the keybinds concerning the MC weather this be 'On and Open' (even the 'else safe and closed) work as intended

...and while I'm at it, I can't seem to find the command for Canopy jettison in the list

Edited by Nightdare
Edited for title
  • Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

The cover over the master arm switch.  Should be able to open/close with a mapped control, but it didn't work for me, either.  I just assumed it was the goofy covers/lockwire/whatever that appeared over the combat controls for reasons I haven't figured out yet.

• Like 1

• Nightdare changed the title to Master Arm Cover - Toggle command only registers close
43 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

Master Arm cover?

Ah yes, sorry, cleared up the title

• Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

It's okay.

There are key bindings for the master arm cover:

image.png

Edited by scommander2

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

In my example, I bound master arm cover on and off with my HOTAS BTN24.  In addition, I tried to bind the same button with master arm cover open for testing and it worked for me.

image.png

null

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, scommander2 said:

In my example, I bound master arm cover on and off with my HOTAS BTN24.  In addition, I tried to bind the same button with master arm cover open for testing and it worked for me.

1. You can't use two commands for one button.

2. The guys are reporting the toggle command not working - why do you spoil the thread?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

11 hours ago, scommander2 said:

image.png

null

"If else off(/on)" doesn't work with momentary switches 

image.png

7 hours ago, draconus said:

why do you spoil the thread?

oh... I did... sorry...

On 2/29/2024 at 8:59 PM, Raisuli said:

And I bound a toggle to toggle.  Doesn't work.

A toggle is only half a toggle to DCS. When DCS says toggle, it means button. A toggle switch is just a button that’s either pushed or not. So set the pushed direction to the corresponding open or closed, then set the other command to that “buttons” “off” state. 

I’ve been on an input mod for a long time now. (Because “once we’re out of early access we’ll add the commands” is just a nice way of saying figure it out yourself)  Manually setting an “off” case for a button is DCS not some mod right?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RustBelt said:

A toggle is only half a toggle to DCS. When DCS says toggle, it means button. A toggle switch is just a button that’s either pushed or not. So set the pushed direction to the corresponding open or closed, then set the other command to that “buttons” “off” state. 

I’ve been on an input mod for a long time now. (Because “once we’re out of early access we’ll add the commands” is just a nice way of saying figure it out yourself)  Manually setting an “off” case for a button is DCS not some mod right?

But this is about "Toggle On/Off"

Where the same physical button sets the ingame switch to either on or off

Allowing momentary physical buttons t be used on latched functions

For the F-14, the 'Toggle ACM/Jettison cover On/Off' command does work

• Like 1

image.png

<Edit>

I read Nightdare's post and for some reason it didn't parse; this is a repeat of that.  Or a confirmation.  Or I'm just off the rails again.  Either way, what @Nightdare said...

</edit>

The F-5 has a similar arrangement.

I have a 3PST switch for this; (ON)-ON-ON.  For the F-5 I use the (ON) momentary position to toggle the cover.  The middle ON is "safe" and the top ON is arm (guns, msl & cmr or some such).  Works great.

With the F-14 the (ON) momentary position does not toggle the cover, neither does any other momentary switch I tried.  The (ON) position for the arm switch will toggle the ACM cover if I change the assignment, however.

So, no, it doesn't work.

Edited by Raisuli
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RustBelt said:

Well, at least they hold out hope.  ED is useless when it comes to controls, and even worse are modules with the same feature (like altitude pressure adjustments) that respond differently to the exact same input.  No consistency at all.

HB has indicated the F4 is going to bury us under control input options.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raisuli said:

...even worse are modules with the same feature (like altitude pressure adjustments) that respond differently to the exact same input.  No consistency at all.

Are these exactly the same altimeters?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria