Is there any need to use Open Beta or can i use the Final Version with Steam ?

goot66

7 minutes ago, goot66 said:

Is there any benefit to using the Open Beta anymore

No. 

Unless you stop updating and keep running an outdated version, they‘re the same anyway.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

30 minutes ago, goot66 said:

How do i get DLSS to work with the Final Version? 

You still need to use the MT version. Does the version number in the bottom left start with MT (main screen)?

Then simply choose DLSS in the settings (given you have a RTX gpu).

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

But if i try and launch the MT version, it does not work on the Stable version

in the Stable version, there is no folder for the MT version and not MT executable 

The exact error i get

"An error occured while launching this game : missing executable - .....\bin-mt\DCS.exe" 

30 minutes ago, goot66 said:

But if i try and launch the MT version, it does not work on the Stable version

in the Stable version, there is no folder for the MT version and not MT executable 

The exact error i get

"An error occured while launching this game : missing executable - .....\bin-mt\DCS.exe" 

"Is there any benefit to using the Open Beta anymore or should i stick to the final version? "

1- There is no 'open beta' anymore. DCS has been unified into a single version as of February 22nd 2024
DCS 2.9.3.51704 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Important changes are coming! DCS unified release versions. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

2-Is your installation updated to the latest version? 
Multithreading has been introduced to the Stable branch in May 5th 2023.
DCS 2.8.4.39731 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Latest version as of today is numbered as 2.9.3.51704 as referenced from the first link.
Do a repair if you don't have the 'bin-mt' folder while on the latest version.

Edited by Czar66

59 minutes ago, Czar66 said:

"Is there any benefit to using the Open Beta anymore or should i stick to the final version? "

1- There is no 'open beta' anymore. DCS has been unified into a single version as of February 22nd 2024
DCS 2.9.3.51704 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Important changes are coming! DCS unified release versions. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

2-Is your installation updated to the latest version? 
Multithreading has been introduced to the Stable branch in May 5th 2023.
DCS 2.8.4.39731 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Latest version as of today is numbered as 2.9.3.51704 as referenced from the first link.
Do a repair if you don't have the 'bin-mt' folder while on the latest version.

thanks

so in Steam, if i select "Play MT preview" - i get the following error - An error occured while launching this game : missing executable - .....\bin-mt\DCS.exe" 

if i just launch the vanilla version - ie "PLAY DCS WORLD STEAM EDITION" - then i don't see any options i would get in the MT version

how do i fix this ? 

If you are on the latest version, MT should be running per default. (Not quite sure about steam though)

Have you checked the version number in the main screen? Does it say MT or not?

6 minutes ago, Hiob said:

If you are on the latest version, MT should be running per default. (Not quite sure about steam though)

Steam use ST by default.

User must select launch option

Edited by Insonia
  • Like 1

That was when the default was ST for the stand alone as well. You sure that still holds true? I don’t know.

However.  Checking which version is running is the easiest part, isn’t it?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:58 AM, goot66 said:

how do i fix this ?

You can also check the links you're using:

and maybe your DCS needs update and repair (verify integrity Steam).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria