A10A Issues with HSI and ILS since last update

On 3/2/2024 at 8:43 AM, MAXsenna said:

Track or it never happened...

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

No need for a track, just try the a10a for 10 seconds and you will see the HSI no longer works.  It now functions only as an ADF.
However, the ILS actually is still fine, my mistake.

You can still navigate with the HSI, just note that the only info it gives you is a bearing to the waypoint. You can then use the localiser on the ADI to track to the correct course. You’ll only know what the course actually is by memorising it when you set the mission up, since it no longer displays on the HSI.

How on earth is it possible to pretty up cockpit visuals - and at the same time completely break a previously working HSI ??!

I need a track showing the issue, please. This way, I'll be able to tell you whether the bug is already fixed internally or not.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

No need for a track, just try the a10a for 10 seconds and you will see the HSI no longer works.  It now functions only as an ADF.
However, the ILS actually is still fine, my mistake.
You can still navigate with the HSI, just note that the only info it gives you is a bearing to the waypoint. You can then use the localiser on the ADI to track to the correct course. You’ll only know what the course actually is by memorising it when you set the mission up, since it no longer displays on the HSI.
How on earth is it possible to pretty up cockpit visuals - and at the same time completely break a previously working HSI ??!
Well, then it'll take you 10 seconds to make the track. It's easier for everyone that way, and a way better chance to get it fixed quickly. Well, you do you.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Track attached chaps.

As you can see the HSI course deviation indicator no longer works correctly, and the correct course does not appear in the HSI top right indicator window as it should.

For reference, see the HSI in the A10C.  The old A10A HSI worked exactly like that, as it should.

Many thanks!

A10A HSI Problem.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for the track. I'm not familiar with the A-10, but I tried to find what was missing. I can't find the issue.

@MAXsenna Can you please check the track?

Can confirm the bug. HSI is super glued pointing to 12 o'clock.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, really appreciate you sorting this.  Rather basic though the A10A is, the HSI is such a useful instrument for navigation when you don’t have moving maps etc!

Just another point, reviewing an old instructional video on the A10A INS and HSI I did notice that the course indicator window in the top right of the original HSI presumably never has shown the correct course (as set via the Mission Editor).  But this isn’t urgent to fix since you can’t dial a course in anyway with the A10A, it can only be set by the Mission Editor.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 6:43 PM, carbolicus said:

Just another point, reviewing an old instructional video on the A10A INS and HSI I did notice that the course indicator window in the top right of the original HSI presumably never has shown the correct course (as set via the Mission Editor).  But this isn’t urgent to fix since you can’t dial a course in anyway with the A10A, it can only be set by the Mission Editor.

Yes, I reported that one in 2022. I'll bump the report right away.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Flappie said:

@carbolicusThis was fixed with today's update. Please check.

No, this was not fixed.

A-10A. HSI and ILS are not working - fixed

It was merely reverted back to the previous *less* broken state it was in before the cockpit update made it completely unusable. Now, it's usable, but just broken.

Edited by randomTOTEN