Unable to drop bombs in F-14B

When I try to use the bombs on my aircraft I am unable to after following a tutorial on YouTube I still can't. If I use the trigger it does guns and when I try to use first detent it doesn't drop bombs. Any help appreciated

24 minutes ago, WalletWarrior said:

When I try to use the bombs on my aircraft I am unable to after following a tutorial on YouTube I still can't. If I use the trigger it does guns and when I try to use first detent it doesn't drop bombs. Any help appreciated

Select ORD (should be selected by default) and use the weapons release button.

Just now, WalletWarrior said:

that is what I have been doing but it hasn't worked

Are you sure? Weapon release and 1st/2nd triggers are different buttons.

Little correction from my side, it's called "Stores release" and not weapons release.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Little correction from my side, it's called "Stores release" and not weapons release.

Ill see if that it

37 minutes ago, razo+r said:

It worked thanks!

3 hours ago, Cab said:

You've made me curious. What does this refer to?

i know in USAF you fire AA missiles with pickle button, and trigger is pure gun and in USN you use trigger for "shooting" weapons like missiles, rockets, guns and pickle for all "droppable" weapons like bombs, talds, illumination flares etc.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 10:43 AM, The_Tau said:

i know in USAF you fire AA missiles with pickle button, and trigger is pure gun and in USN you use trigger for "shooting" weapons like missiles, rockets, guns and pickle for all "droppable" weapons like bombs, talds, illumination flares etc.  

oh that’s right! It’s AA missiles I was thinking. Can you tell how often I’ve been flying anything other than the Tomcat?