A change in how we add controls

Good day everyone. God's Blessings. Wags is it possible to add one button to do two or three commands ? Right now we can assign two different buttons to do the same thing but what about one button to do many things, eg. LMFD LSK 3 and 5 ? That way depending on if you are in TACT or SUPT you can still access both commands and the one not in use does not interfere with anything. Think of the possibilities. Wags I always enjoy your interviews and on behalf of every DCS player ....... Thank You

• Like 1

If you're using a hotas or gamepad. Have you looked into setting up a switch as a modifier? I use it in the front seat of the Apache. I flip the switch forward and my controls are set for the tedac(gunner controls) and if I need to fly I flip the switch back so my controls are now set for piloting.

• Like 1

Hi, I use modifiers all the time, as many as six modifiers for each aircraft so that on every one of them as much as possible the button assignments are the same                        It would be so much more efficient if I could assign the same button to do different things

The game will let you double-assign buttons which are completely unrelated. Like you could assign the Command Menu and Trim commands to the same hat switch. Or the George AI etc. But you can only use one at a time depending on whether that menu is active. I can’t see a reason to want duplicate assignments, maybe I don’t understand the request. I guess some startups require you to hold two buttons at once but there’s a clickable cockpit for one of them. Would this be a macro like two commands in sequence?

For aircraft with two stations like Pilot and CPG all those mappings are separate anyways. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, TRINI1 said:

Hi, I use modifiers all the time, as many as six modifiers for each aircraft so that on every one of them as much as possible the button assignments are the same                        It would be so much more efficient if I could assign the same button to do different things

You can, just use the modifiers as a toggle, so you change the "mode" you're in.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria