The Big Show 2.0

I'm so excited to announce the complete revamp of my Big Show DCS Spitfire IX Campaign to version 2.0. With the recent updates of the DCS Normandy map, the campaign can finally use historically accurate bases and routes in all of the missions. On top of this, more voice overs were added and the visuals completely redone to bring it up to current standards. All clear? Switches on!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

I was afraid you were getting fed up with MT mission flag shenanigans, AI issues and N2 airfield problems to the point of not producing DCS campaigns anymore. I'm glad to see, however, that sweet masochism still drives you to produce the best DLC campaigns available for this platform 😄. And so it drives us to play them! Keep up the good work, mate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Reflected pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Aaaand it's out! Just make sure you update your DCS to the latest version, and you'll have The Big Show 2.0

Hi

First of all, thanks a lot for revamping your older Campaigns, I flew it on the first months of 2019 and would love to fly it again ... I have a small question, is there a way to make sure that I have the updated 2.0 version? .. the Module Manager does not say "2.0":

x0f6xm6.jpg

and the Campaign's wallpaper is unchanged:

m6Cw5AC.jpg

I checked the documentation PDFs and none of the documents mentions 2.0 .. also the Normandy Map pdf shows the old smaller Normandy. 

Is there a chance that the update didn't make it into todays release?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This update caught me by surprise in my second replay of the campaign and had to start it all over again. 😆 I admit skipped a few missions, though. There are more changes than I expected, well done sir. Today I played the attack mission against the Munsterland in Cherbourg: nice touch that refuelling scale in Ford! It was very foggy and I did a terrible landing damaging my kite... luckily the game counted it as ok and let me carry on.

I'm reading the book as I play, and I loved to fly what I just read about. It's a really immersive experience. The book is a must for any combat flight enthusiast, I really recommend it. It's just another thing that I have to thank Reflected for, I might have missed it if it wasn't for your work, sir.

Edited by nachinus
  • Like 2