Best VR headset for DCS/flight simulators that isn't extremely expensive

My G2 is having audiopriblems, most probably to a loose connection. Hopefully the ordered new cable will fix this.

Anyway its sad, that people like me, who do not want to use Meta have so limited options.

Pico4 would be more or less a sidestep and Im not sure if I can run Dirtrally and AssettoCorsa (that I play much more often than DCS) on OpenXR.

In retrospective I should have gotten an Aero at the reduced price. 

But the tech is still developing rapidly and Im positive my G2 will last until they stop supporting WMR.

3 hours ago, Wali763 said:

Pico4 would be more or less a sidestep and Im not sure if I can run Dirtrally and AssettoCorsa (that I play much more often than DCS) on OpenXR.

The Pico 4 will run OpenVR through virtual desktop and steam. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

What are people thinking about the Sony PSVR2?  Sony announced PC compatibility was coming but not sure how or when?

Sony screwed up initially locking it to PS5

I remember that IVRY was doing a lot of work to adapt the PSVR2 for PC.  I think that the ivry dev is a member here?  Would be nice to hear from from him if so.

https://www.roadtovr.com/report-psvr-2-wired-pc-vr-support/amp/

I would seriously consider a PSVR2 so as not to meta anything.  But that is just me.

Edited by AngleOff66

7 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

And what exactly is the problem with using Meta?

I consider this question to be rethoric. But if you have no problem with Meta, its ok for me. They are offering great products at a even better price.

8 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

@Wali763

Kind of rethoric….
I am asking because you still seem to consider the Pico4 and the irony is, that it is not being sold in the US because of security concerns. 

Ok, you might be right to some degree regarding Pico; I did not check this out, since it would be as I said a sidestep, which makes no sense.

The other aspect ("the US [ironically] raising concerns") would be a political discussion, that has no place here. 

18 hours ago, AngleOff66 said:

I would seriously consider a PSVR2 so as not to meta anything.

Yeah, the PSVR2 has great potential to be the new leading headset for PCVR. Feature rich on a low price. Can't wait to try it out soon. OLED, HDR, eye tracking, great controllers, reasonable resolution per eye. All rumors say it will be directly connected via adapter box to display port. Nvidia compability was just confirmed...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I would go PCVR  to a graphics card port it's the way to get best picture quality. 

G1 . 

G2.

Pico 3 

Pico 4 . With VD . 

Quest 3 . 

Even a rift s . 

You have a good system no problems flying on medium settings, also DCS is not optimized for VR. 

Even the top range systems struggle with stuttering and crashes . Dcs has come a long way but it's still got plenty of work to do . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

6 hours ago, KoN said:

I would go PCVR  to a graphics card port it's the way to get best picture quality. 

G1 . 

G2.

Pico 3 

Pico 4 . With VD . 

Quest 3 . 

Even a rift s . 

You have a good system no problems flying on medium settings, also DCS is not optimized for VR. 

Even the top range systems struggle with stuttering and crashes . Dcs has come a long way but it's still got plenty of work to do . 

Pico 4 and Q3 do not have DP. They require oculus link, steam link or VD and therefore compression. That said, the P4 and Q3 are better headsets than the others. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Qcumber said:

Pico 4 and Q3 do not have DP. They require oculus link, steam link or VD and therefore compression. That said, the P4 and Q3 are better headsets than the others. 

I know. I quoted a list of the best budget headsets . 

Edited by KoN
  • Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .