MAYDAY, MAYDAY MAYDAY, Really need some help here please everbody

Hi all, I completed my pc upgrade yesterday, and went from a

Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Case, Intel Core i7 8700k, Asus ROG Maximus X HERO Z370, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB, 1000W Corsair HX1000 Platinum, 1 x Gigabyte 3090, 4 x8G CorVenRGBPRO DDR4 3200 ( 32gb ), 6 x 120 Corsair LL120 RGB PWM Fan, 1 x Crucial P3 Plus 4TB PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 SSD, 1 x SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO M.2, 2x 4TB WD WD Black 3.5 HDD, 1 x Asus STRIX SOAR 7.1 Sound

To a Nzrt H9 elite Case, Intel Core I9 14900k, Asus ROG Maximus HERO Z790, Corsair Hydro H150 LCD XT, 1000W Corsair HX1000 Platinum, 1 x Gigabyte 3090, 2 x48G Corsair Vengence  DDR5 5200 ( 96gb ), 10 x 120 Corsair LL120 RGB PWM Fan, 1 x Crucial P3 Plus 4TB PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 SSD, 1 x SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO M.2, and  2x 4TB WD WD Black 3.5 HDD.

Used the old 3090 to keep me going until the new 5 series GPUs turn up.   No point getting a 4090 at the mo, when they are so close to release.

Full fresh install of windows 11 Pro, all windows updates done, All motherboard drivers done, Latest Nvidia Graphics Driver installed and windows Display driver. 

She boots up fine and runs well, apart from one MAJOR issue.    I cannot for the life of me get my Samsung 4K 55” tv to get a signal on DisplayPort or even HDMI.    I’ve tried factory resetting tv, uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics and display drivers several times, I’ve testing the GPU with my secondary 1080p monitor on hdmi and it works fine, also used every single port combination on my GPU and TV I can think off with zero luck. 

Been trying to trouble shoot this for over 5 hrs now and I’m at a complete loss, short of throwing it out the window, and picking up that Odyssey G9 that has been calling to me for months, however the wife WOULD kill me if I did that 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

The screeen IS showing up in Nvidia control panel and display menu, although as a generic monitor ( Samsung ) restricted to 1080p, and I can select it as primary but just can’t get an output.    Strangely enough if I remove all cables and disconnect the TV from the pc, that Samsung monitor still shows, so maybe a false positive.    I’ve tried deleting it, and redetecting it but the problem still continues.

I know others use 4k tvs in their sim builds,   Has anyone else come across this and have a solution, because I’m pulling my hair out. 

I do have a new DisplayPort cable on the way to me, in case it’s the cable that’s crashed and burned, although if that was the case I would expect it to work on hdmi at least.

on bright side, the new PC looks stunning. 😂😂

Cowboy10uk

IMG_9571.jpeg

9780CA97-586A-430B-ADF7-46D06D614DC9.jpeg

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I have zero experience with TV's on PC's, and probably making a stupid suggestion just because you haven't mentioned it, but have you selected the signal source on the TV settings menu?

And congrats for that mean looking machine!

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

15 minutes ago, Pilotasso said:

I have zero experience with TV's on PC's, and probably making a stupid suggestion just because you haven't mentioned it, but have you selected the signal source on the TV settings menu?

And congrats for that mean looking machine!

Yep several times, tried it in all 3 hdmi slots on tv, selecting each one.    Zilch luck sadly.

thankyou. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

A few things there to watch for:

1) Could be as simple as a defective or inadequate HDMI cable (my suspicion there) or, worst case scenario, defective HDMI port (either in GPU or in the 4K TV).
Make sure you have an HDMI cable that far exceeds any requisits, then any doubts about the cable are gone for sure.
I'd strongly recommend getting an 8K certified HDMI 2.1 cable no bigger than 9.8 feet (3 meters max) -  just an example, but this is a good one to get.

2) Never seen any RTX3090 with only two PCIe power feed slots (always seen three power feed slots). What model is that?

3) Always use separate PCIe cables from the PSU to feed the respective power feed slots on the GPU (it goes for any power hungry GPU, like the RTX3090 is). 
Never, ever, use just a single one for a GPU like yours - which is exactly what you're doing there, with pigtail feeding the second power feed slot on your GPU.
That's a big no-no. You risk severe(!) damage in your PSU and in your GPU.
Use at least two PCIe cables (+ one pigtail if it's three PCIe power feed slots) from the PSU, for your RTX3090 - see image below from Seasonic.

anyone-explain-me-why-Seasonic-suggest-not-connect-Y-splitter-PCIe-to-only-one-gpu-while-you-can-power-2-same-gpus-with-that-

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Tree silly questions :

- Did you try at windows 11 on system , screen menu to identify the screens?

nullDid you try press "win+p" and project screen to other monitors?

- At your BIOS settings, how is your graphic adapter configured, PGA(Primary Graphic Adapter) or your Graphic Card?, you must select for graphic adapter your graphic card not PGA motherboard adapter.

- Also check tour HDMI cable, lenght and 4k capability.

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-23 234402.png

image.png

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Hi all, thanks for your reply’s,  and much fiddling and waiting for Amazon delivery’s, I turned out to be the DisplayPort cable had become faulty somehow, despite working flawlessly in the other pc.    A replacement cable has solved the issue and I’m back up flying with a significant jump in FPS back in 4k. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]