Comm Menu

pcartier

Need a little help, I am learning how to do a carrier landing in the F18, watched many videos, after contacting the carrier and getting my heading I select the comm menu and I never see the ESTABLISHED menu item all I see is:

"Arrival. Ready to land carrier"

"Abort  inbound"

"Request Azimuth"

Videos I have watched have the Established menu item, also the comm menu always says "AUTO" and in videos I watched it was labeled  "COMM1: Arc 210

As Razor18 said above, you're likely doing a CASE 1 recovery in which case you'll get a different menu (the one you're seeing).  Set the mission to night time or really poor weather and you'll get CASE 3 which will give you the menu you're seeing in that menu.

Hi pcartier,

the SC chooses what case is active depending on the weather and sun.

If you want to learn to land I suggest Bankler's mission:

Use normal Comms (I don't know about simplified comms), make sure you are on the correct frequency (in Bankler's it is on button/channel 2).

Get into the comms menu, Alt-\ (or whatever you bound already), then press "ATC", then the ship, then "Inbound". In the control settings you can bind a hotas/joystick button to the "Hornet Ball" call.

The picture you show, is what you see when Case II or Case III is active, and you already checked in inbound.

If you have discord (highly recommended) join the DCS discord server, you can stream your screen and me or someone else can point you in the right direction.

Have fun'

Fresh

• Like 1