Annoying stutters

Hi to all! i,m having some annoying stutters every 5-6 or 10 seconds when panning around with trackir5 without fps drop. i know that track ir has maximum framerate limit at 120hz so i've set up my monitor ( samsung g8 oled 175hz) to 120hz plus my 2 extra monitors(lilliput 7'' 1920x1080) for the mfd's to 60hz.

Running Open beta

Things i've tried:

turn of power services

change my scripts file to scripts.bak

delete fxo metashaders2

turn off page file

SET to 1 screen and turn off the other two

change graphics to low-medium-high dlss on-off  vsync-gsync on-off the same thing

my specs 

i9 10900k

64gb ram 

RTX4080 Asus strix gaming oc

ssd m2 samsung 970 evo plus 1TB  C drive for windows

ssd m2 samsung 970 evo plus 1TB D drive that i have dcs installed

ps if the video not showing maybe it's still uploading

Video link

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Edited by onib89

Did you make an exception for the DCS folders (Saved Games and install folder) in your antivirus software?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Did you make an exception for the DCS folders (Saved Games and install folder) in your antivirus software?

For install folder yes I have! For saved games I'm not sure... I will check it when I get home 

First thing I noticed from the video is that the stutters aren't registering on the fps widget - you're getting a beautifully flat line. That suggests to me the stutters aren't coming from DCS.

So I would suspect a V-sync/G-sync issue, or maybe your head-tracking is not running as smooth as it should.

1 hour ago, Lixma 06 said:

So I would suspect a V-sync/G-sync issue, or maybe your head-tracking is not running as smooth as it should.

I've never seen V-Sync/G-Sync cause a stutter like that.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

6 hours ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Did you tried the CPU affinity thing?That´s the only thing that works for me🧐

Yes I tried project lasso no luck for me..

14 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Yes I had the saved games also.. 😞

5 hours ago, Lixma 06 said:

First thing I noticed from the video is that the stutters aren't registering on the fps widget - you're getting a beautifully flat line. That suggests to me the stutters aren't coming from DCS.

I tried both v sync g sync on  or off , nothing changed.. so you think it is trackir issue? Damm it I have to buy a new one just to check it...? :((

10 minutes ago, onib89 said:

I tried both v sync g sync on  or off , nothing changed.. so you think it is trackir issue? Damm it I have to buy a new one just to check it...? :((

I'm not saying it is a TiR issue so don't go spending money!!! Could be a million things.

• Like 1

Does it happen when TrackIR is not running and you use the keyboard to look around?

5 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Does it happen when TrackIR is not running and you use the keyboard to look around?

With keyboard view is fine! I also set my mouse to very slow to be smoother when looking around and I didn't notice any of  these stutters 

Do you let your FPS fluctuate or do you use a capped FPS?
If using a fluctuating FPS, what if you set it to like 60 or 120 fixed (in the nVidia control panel)?

Edited by Lange_666

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Do you let your FPS fluctuate or do you use a capped FPS?
If using a fluctuating FPS, what if you set it to like 60 or 120 fixed (in the nVidia control panel)?

My monitor is 175hz but, I set it  120hz on Nvidia control panel.  I have set fps to 120 fix both Nvidia panel and in dcs settings.. I can't use 60 fps because it's very optical laggy cause my monitor has high refresh rate  so the minimum I can set is 120

8 hours ago, onib89 said:

I have set fps to 120 fix both Nvidia panel and in dcs settings.

I have read that the DCS frame limiter can cause problems. You could try disabling it by raising it to the max value. In any case you don’t need both limiters enabled. The NCP one is enough. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

One thing that bugs me a bit in your video are the values in the upper right corner.
FPS seems to be at 120 but if you look at the 2 you'll see another number behind it.
Same goes for other values.
Also, for a fixed FPS 60 the frametime should be 16.6ms.
Yours reed 18.8ms (for 120FPS?) but also there is another number under it.
Or is that due to the 2 extra monitors?

8 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

One thing that bugs me a bit in your video are the values in the upper right corner.
FPS seems to be at 120 but if you look at the 2 you'll see another number behind it.
Same goes for other values.
Also, for a fixed FPS 60 the frametime should be 16.6ms.
Yours reed 18.8ms (for 120FPS?) but also there is another number under it.
Or is that due to the 2 extra monitors?

That's nothing! It's from gpu tweak OSD when I hit record I think opened up twice.. 

Posted (edited)

So! After all this testing i've installed the one and only dcs world(stable i think) i've delete completly dcs open beta.. and after all the settings i've set up plus antivirus exceptios etc and after my new trackir 5 that came 2 days ago, the reason for the stutters is the  scripts (in openbeta i had stutters even with scripts.bak) 

so my question is is any fix for that? i mean... i have cdu-aap and caution panel for a10 from Tek creations so i am using dcs bios...also i am using dcs ufc app from my tablet from pw-dev   

and i wonder that this is a simulator, so most people would like to have a multi console pit for thei setup, this not just a ''game''  to plug your game padf and play... so scripts are necessery for a flight sim...why theres so much conflict with dcs running??

Export.lua

Edited by onib89

25 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Try inverting the two lines contained in your Export.lua file.

Nothing change... same thing. You see is happening with trackir on, if I take off my track hat everything is smooth like butter! Is something optical when is processing "something " ...my fps are stuck at 120 not even 1 drop when is stuttering.  And when I se my scripts file to scripts.bak everything is gone like never happened,  I mean cmon noooww 😞 hope some future update accidentally fix this ... what can I say...

On 4/1/2024 at 2:36 PM, Flappie said:

Hi, please try this in your NVIDIA control panel:

image.png

I'd like to second this. Did you try this? Because that is exactly what fixed my stutters with TrackIR. And it also fixed low GPU usage and terrible performance in-game after I got a new graphics card. Just one thing: do it for all connected monitors if you have more than one.

2 hours ago, Nobby Nobbs said:

I'd like to second this. Did you try this? Because that is exactly what fixed my stutters with TrackIR. And it also fixed low GPU usage and terrible performance in-game after I got a new graphics card. Just one thing: do it for all connected monitors if you have more than one.

I did this , and thank you for this tip! But didn't change anything for me .. it is other nature of a problem for me ... 🙂

31 minutes ago, onib89 said:

I did this , and thank you for this tip! But didn't change anything for me .. it is other nature of a problem for me ... 🙂

You're using pw-dev's script, right? Because I've had performance issues with that ever since the 2.9 update, I think. And also TacView and a few others. I've disabled most of my scripts because of it.

You may wanna just not use it for the time being. Perhaps look into setting up using an old tablet with Helios instead? It's a much better (and more customizable) solution anyway. I use it together with Spacedesk, a free app that lets me use my tablet as a touch-screen PC monitor (through wifi or USB connection). Attached is an example of it in action.

IMG_20230812_152912.png

55 minutes ago, Nobby Nobbs said:

You're using pw-dev's script, right? Because I've had performance issues with that ever since the 2.9 update, I think. And also TacView and a few others. I've disabled most of my scripts because of it.

You may wanna just not use it for the time being. Perhaps look into setting up using an old tablet with Helios instead? It's a much better (and more customizable) solution anyway. I use it together with Spacedesk, a free app that lets me use my tablet as a touch-screen PC monitor (through wifi or USB connection). Attached is an example of it in action.

IMG_20230812_152912.png

Yes exactly I I'm using pw-dev dcs ufc app .. I think with 2.9 the problem started but I can't tell 100% for sure because I've recently change my monitor to 1440p  175hz screen , before I had a 1080P 60Hz and I had no problems maybe because is easier to notice stutters at higher refresh rates.. So thank you I'll give helios a try ! And I hope with future dcs updates that this ll be fixed!.. 

• Like 1