Input Commands Throttle Idle/Stop All Act As Toggle

The following input commands all act as toggle switches, when in fact they should not:

• Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - IDLE
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - STOP
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - Idle/Stop (2 pos switch)

Testing scenario: Bind the STOP command to a button. Every press of the button will toggle the position of the switch. Same for the other two commands.

Observed in both C-101EB and C-101CC.

I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle.

Checked in the latest DCS 2.9.3 and 2.9.1.

Expected behavior on button/key press:

• Throttle Idle Detent - IDLE: When throttle in stop detent, move throttle to idle detent. Otherwise do nothing.
  • Throttle Idle Detent - STOP: When throttle in (or very near) idle detent, move throttle to stop detent. Otherwise do nothing.
  • Throttle Idle Detent - Idle/Stop (2 pos switch):
    • Button pressed: When throttle in (or very near) idle detent, move throttle to stop detent. Otherwise do nothing.
    • Button released: When throttle in stop detent, move throttle to idle detent.

The only command that should actually toggle the throttle detent on every key press is:

• Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent Toggle

Edited by Yurgon

The following input commands all act as toggle switches, when in fact they should not:
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - IDLE
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - STOP
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent - Idle/Stop (2 pos switch)
Testing scenario: Bind the STOP command to a button. Every press of the button will toggle the position of the switch. Same for the other two commands.
Observed in both C-101EB and C-101CC.
I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle.
Checked in the latest DCS 2.9.3 and 2.9.1.
Expected behavior on button/key press:
  • Throttle Idle Detent - IDLE: When throttle in stop detent, move throttle to idle detent. Otherwise do nothing.
  • Throttle Idle Detent - STOP: When throttle in (or very near) idle detent, move throttle to stop detent. Otherwise do nothing.
  • Throttle Idle Detent - Idle/Stop (2 pos switch):
    • Button pressed: When throttle in (or very near) idle detent, move throttle to stop detent. Otherwise do nothing.
    • Button released: When throttle in stop detent, move throttle to idle detent.
The only command that should actually toggle the throttle detent on every key press is:
  • Left Console/Throttle Lever/Flight Control: Throttle Idle Detent Toggle
I thought they fixed this? Need to check the change logs, or I might mix it up with the MB-339.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

I thought they fixed this?

Can you check how it behaves in your DCS? I have one installation that's about as Vanilla as it gets, and I observe the same behavior in that version that I see in all others (still running the old 2.9.1 Stable and 2.9.3 OpenBeta).

Can you check how it behaves in your DCS? I have one installation that's about as Vanilla as it gets, and I observe the same behavior in that version that I see in all others (still running the old 2.9.1 Stable and 2.9.3 OpenBeta).
If I get time later today, I will. I had a bloody kitchen fire, all is well, so I'm spending my time cleaning and washing clothes. All my computers are well, and no data loss, even if I had a black river running out the door. Luckily the automatic fire suppression system in the kitchen worked!

• Like 1

Aww man, glad to hear all is well, but that sounds terrifying!
Thanks! Was out for three hours. Came home, no smoke nor fire, but it was literally raining in the kitchen, hence the river when I opened my door. Would've loved to see my face!

EDIT: Now I get why we have rain in the hangars....

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed it. Now "Throttle Idle Detent - STOP" will only move the throttle to the "Stop" position, and "Throttle Idle Detent - IDLE" will only move it to "Idle". I.e. neither is now toggle command anymore. "Throttle Idle Detent - Idle/Stop (2 pos switch)" is also fixed. You'll obviously have to wait for a next DCS update.

• Like 4

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png