APU switch not animated

elfred

In cockpit APU switch not animated when using any joystick binding for APU.
The APU starts and stops as expected but cockpit switch does not move.
Problem is the same for both A10C and A10CII.
How to reproduce:
Instant action, cold and dark in Caucasus. Turn on Battery and inverter.
Turn on APU using joystick binding. APU starts but APU switch stays in off position.

• ED Team

Hi, 

I just tested my version and all seems ok. I tested mouse action and also assigned button and the APU switch position is working for me. 

Can you double check you dont have anything else bound to the switch that maybe conflicting with it.

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not seeing any issue either; activating the APU via the APU START switch on the TM Warthog base, the in-game APU switch moves accordingly. This is independent of battery and inverter.

Besides potential controller conflicts, I'd double and triple check any mods or modifications to DCS.

In order to start clean, first run a DCS repair from the start menu (Windows Key -> All Programs -> Eagle Dynamics -> Repair DCS World) and then rename the folder Saved Games\DCS (typically: C:\Users\{Your Windows Username}\Saved Games\DCS). Upon the next start, DCS will recreate this folder with fresh defaults. If the problem still persists, this definitely warrants further investigation. In either case, you can then delete the freshly created Saved Games\DCS and rename your backup back to Saved Games\DCS in order to get all your configuration back.

Edited by Yurgon

Hi and thanks for the swift reply, I'm recovering from heart surgery and is not equally fast at the moment, sorry.
I have made sure no mods are active in OvGMe, done the slow repair and renamed my saved games folder.
Checked that no other binding conflict exist. The problem still remains.
To investigate further I cleared the binding to my TM Warthog throttle, i.e. no bindings at all to the APU.
Then I tried starting the APU using the mouse to toggle the cockpit switch, the switch moves but the APU does not start.
It is like the switch is completely disconnected from the APU.