HMD and only bandits, Bug or correct like that.

Vox

Hi everyone
Can you please inform me about this case : I am alone on my side in the sky (no awacs, no wingman, no other aircraft from my coalition...) and on my radar I have bandits. While they are present on the SA, they are not present in the HMD.
I'm not questioning the legitimacy or otherwise of this representation, I just want to know if it works as it's supposed to.
Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure, but they would only appear if they are marked by some friendly radar, if you hover over the contact within SA or select it with the (step) function. They would also appear if they are detected by your own radar.

Edited by Atazar SPN

Thank you all very much for your replies.
As far as the MIDS are concerned, yes, they are set to the correct distance and the REJs are also checked. As for the conditions for the appearance of a target under TUC, L&S etc, I am well aware of them.
I was just surprised that the HMD didn't offer a strictly on-board scan representation on bandit contacts.

• Like 1

hace 7 horas, Vox dijo:

Thank you all very much for your replies.
As far as the MIDS are concerned, yes, they are set to the correct distance and the REJs are also checked. As for the conditions for the appearance of a target under TUC, L&S etc, I am well aware of them.
I was just surprised that the HMD didn't offer a strictly on-board scan representation on bandit contacts.

Thank you (to you) for contributing something that may be disturbing to many.

I also find it disturbing because in the early days of SA it was possible to see dozens of contacts in HMD without having to hover over them.

A track that illustrates the subject of my first question: is this how the HMD works?

(the introduction then the withdrawal of an Awacs highlights the fact that the bandits are only present in the HMD on condition of going through a third party)

HMD.trk

• Like 1

@Vox I just watched your track and also created my own mission to test and can verify I'm also seeing this problem.  HMD reject is set to ON for all parameters and MIDS range was maxxed out.  I have about a dozen contacts from ownship radar and they all appear on the SA format.  The only HMD symbology I'm getting to show is the one for the TUC'd track.  Perhaps @BIGNEWY can take a look and potentially move it to the Bugs & Problems sub-forum if this isn't how it's supposed to work.

• Like 1

Is it possible please to update the tag "cannot reproduce, missing track file": there is now a track file and I think that to "reproduce" all you need is to own the simulator.

il y a 18 heures, Sharkku a dit :

Il suffit de poster un nouveau sujet dans la section des bogues. Les tags ne sont jamais mis à jour...

Ok thanks, I will do that

Hi everyone

Can you please inform me about this case : I am alone off my side in the sky (no awacs, no wingman, no other aircraft from my coalition...) and on my radar I have bandits. While they are present on the SA, they are not present in the HMD.The MIDS, they are set at the correct distance and the REJs are also checked.

I'm not questioning the legitimacy or otherwise of this representation, I just want to know if it works as it's supposed to.

For the case that concerns us, the conditions for the appearance of a target under TUC, L&S etc. are not the subject, we are just mentioning the fact that the HMD didn't offer a strictly on-board scan representation on bandit contacts.

(In the .Trk the introduction then the withdrawal of an Awacs highlights the fact that the bandits are only present in the HMD on condition of going through a third party)

Thanks in advance

HMD.trk