Can't use datalink in F-16C Red Flag 21-1 campaign (mission 1)?

M-Flux
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting the datalink in the Red Flag 21-1 campaign. I have both the GPS switch and MIDS LVT on. On the DLINK DED, NET STATUS page I tried toggling "GPS TIME" between on and off as others have suggested, but did not seem to help either. SYNC says "FINE", NTR is OFF. Though the "TIME" itself under "NET STATUS" stays empty (is that expected?). Also the HSD says "XMT: TNDL". And the TNDL STN page seems to list other flight member track numbers. However on the HSD I see no other aircrafts in this campaign.

I'm probably missing something obvious, quite new to datalink. Thanks for the help!

SW, OS: Linux / Debian Sid -- VR: Monado (OpenXR) -- Launcher: Lutris -- Runner: Wine lutris-GE-Proton7-39-x86_64

HW, base/laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T14s AMD Gen3 (AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U, AMD/ATI Radeon 680M iGPU (for DCS usually unused), 32GB RAM, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB) + eGPU: Razer Core X Chroma (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD/ATI Radeon RX 6650 XT 8GB; HOTAS: Logitech x-56, VR: HP Reverb G2

DCS Modules, Planes+Helicopters: F-14, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, UH-1H -- Maps: Nevada, Syria, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, The Channel -- Other Modules: FC3, Combined Arms, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack

1st "DCS" experience: Lock-On, later +FC1

Did you do a cold start? If so, when did you put the MIDS LVT switch to on? You must only put it to on, when GPS alignemnt is done, you see that by pressing the button 6 (TIME) on the IPC, and in the left upper corner must be written GPS SYSTEM (if there is no GPS the alignment is not done yet). 

• Solution
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2024 at 12:05 PM, M-Flux said:

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting the datalink in the Red Flag 21-1 campaign. I have both the GPS switch and MIDS LVT on. On the DLINK DED, NET STATUS page I tried toggling "GPS TIME" between on and off as others have suggested, but did not seem to help either. SYNC says "FINE", NTR is OFF. Though the "TIME" itself under "NET STATUS" stays empty (is that expected?). Also the HSD says "XMT: TNDL". And the TNDL STN page seems to list other flight member track numbers. However on the HSD I see no other aircrafts in this campaign.

I'm probably missing something obvious, quite new to datalink. Thanks for the help!

This seems to be bad alignment,

did you do Stored or Normal alignment? if Normal you need to confirm coordiantes in first two minutes of the alignment,

also aircraft can not move, not even rearm cause it may shake the jet and fail the alignment.

anyway, post a track of this happening so we can see whats going on.

Edited by Furiz

• ED Team

Hi, 

please post a track replay example if possible 

it could be incorrect alignment or other aircraft not airborne yet? 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2