"Fear the Bones" Campaign Possible, but SC module gets in the way sometimes...

Go to solution Solved by Reflected,

Mission One:

Carrier crew directs you to a catapult.  You hook up, and then launch into parked aircraft, resulting in an instant death.

This makes the remainder of the mission unusually difficult to complete.

Edited by PhantomHans

(Something bragging about my system specs or DCS fantasy flying ability belongs here)

13 hours ago, PhantomHans said:

Mission One:

Carrier crew directs you to a catapult.  You hook up, and then launch into parked aircraft, resulting in an instant death.

This makes the remainder of the mission unusually difficult to complete.

A bunch of Hornets are parked on Cat 2, I suggest you choose a different one 😉 

9 hours ago, Reflected said:

A bunch of Hornets are parked on Cat 2, I suggest you choose a different one 😉 

You would think that answer would seem...I don't know?  Almost obvious?

I tried the waist cats first because they seemed clear.  Nothing.  I tried going up to the clear bow cat.  Nothing.

After a circle around the flight deck lining up on cats I eventually realize that the crew up at the blocked one has a pair of signal lights out and are waving me their way.  Okay...Fine...I guess there's something I don't realize going on here...

Nope.  Boom!

I don't know why but after restarting the mission with SHIFT+R I found them doing the same thing, already waving me up there to launch as soon as I start.

Today I try the campaign again and the crew on that catapult was NOT already waving me in to launch there and I was able to get the waist cats to launch me.  Not sure why I had the problem the first time around.

(Something bragging about my system specs or DCS fantasy flying ability belongs here)

• Solution
7 hours ago, PhantomHans said:

You would think that answer would seem...I don't know?  Almost obvious?

I tried the waist cats first because they seemed clear.  Nothing.  I tried going up to the clear bow cat.  Nothing.

After a circle around the flight deck lining up on cats I eventually realize that the crew up at the blocked one has a pair of signal lights out and are waving me their way.  Okay...Fine...I guess there's something I don't realize going on here...

Nope.  Boom!

I don't know why but after restarting the mission with SHIFT+R I found them doing the same thing, already waving me up there to launch as soon as I start.

Today I try the campaign again and the crew on that catapult was NOT already waving me in to launch there and I was able to get the waist cats to launch me.  Not sure why I had the problem the first time around.

Ever since the release of the SC I've had this problem sometimes, that some cats wouldn't notice me...you just need to stop and stand on the brakes behind the JBD, with your nose pointed at the director. I haven't fully figured it out yet, but it's a SC thing. It will change once the taxi directors are released.

Looks like that may have been the issue.  Managed to get around that one and then suddenly had DCS just hang up and stop anytime I tried to load Mission 5 at the "Sim Post Start" point.  But managed to get around that one as well eventually.

I'm loving the campaign so far and hoping there will be others like it out there.

• PhantomHans changed the title to "Fear the Bones" Campaign Possible, but SC module gets in the way sometimes...