DCS: Afghanistan - Steam version

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

From DCS: Afghanistan FAQ

How Do I Purchase DCS: Afghanistan?

Pre-purchase DCS: Afghanistan in the e-Shop, here.
Pre-purchase DCS: Southwest Afghanistan in the e-Shop, here.

Pre-purchase is not currently available on DCS Steam Edition. We are doing our best to offer Steam users identical pre-purchase options for both DCS: Afghanistan and DCS: Southwest Afghanistan as soon as possible.

- Can we get more info for Steam users please ? If i buy it in pre purchase, will it work in steam version? So far ive understand that it will not.

Will be some pre purchase for Steam users? if yes, when? for same price?

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

currently we are discussing the pre-order with steam, however steam have strict requirement's for pre-order and it may not be possible. 

If that changes we will let you all know. 

Eshop purchases will not work on steam DCS version

Thank you 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

currently we are discussing the pre-order with steam, however steam have strict requirement's for pre-order and it may not be possible. 

If that changes we will let you all know. 

Eshop purchases will not work on steam DCS version

Thank you 

😭

• Like 1

What???

we want this map so bad, especially the A-stan veterans

we started with Steam for some reasons at the beginning but we are now unable to change to ED…

Anyway, we are not supposed to be ignored like this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DN308 said:

What???

we want this map so bad, especially the A-stan veterans

we started with Steam for some reasons at the beginning but we are now unable to change to ED…

Anyway, we are not supposed to be ignored like this

And what would you like ED to do beside try and work something out with Steam?  Short of buying Steam I'm not sure what more they could do.  YOU chose Steam, ED didn't make you go there (since standalone has always existed).  This is STEAM saying bugger off, not ED.

• Like 2

At least, there should be a way to let us go from steam to standalone with everything we already bought.

I’ve choose Steam I discovered DCS on Steam and with my former sim, it was the only choice

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

It used to work with Steam in the past. I remember pre-ordering the Hind and the Apache on Steam at a pre-order discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DN308 said:

At least, there should be a way to let us go from steam to standalone with everything we already bought.

I’ve choose Steam I discovered DCS on Steam and with my former sim, it was the only choice

You can transfer your modules from Steam to standalone but not the other way around afaik.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DN308 said:

As noted above, there has been a way, available for a few years now. Details here:

Apart from that, just like in case of F-4 Phantom, some form of Steam pre-order will happen, it's just going to happen closer to release compared to standalone users. What's the hurry? The map won't be released faster on Steam anyway.

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:41 AM, Gretsch_Man said:

It used to work with Steam in the past. I remember pre-ordering the Hind and the Apache on Steam at a pre-order discount.

Same happened with the Viper, it looked like impossible and the appear as a preorder option.

I hope this map pre-order comes to Steam soon aswell

В 02.04.2024 в 09:41, Gretsch_Man сказал:

I remember those days, too. Everything went sideways after F-15E - no pre-oder for Steam. I can withstand pre-order and early access price difference wallet-wise, but state of things with Steam playerbase saddens me.

MSI z790, i5 13600k128 Gb DDR4, RTX 4090, 980 pro 2 Tb, 4 SATA SSD, 3 HDD, SB AE-7, Acer 35" curved UltraWide 200Hz, LG CX 55" HDR 120Hz G-Sync, Logitech G510s, Razer Tartarus v2, Naga hex v2, Pico 4 256 Gb, Thrustmaster WARTHOG, RS FSSB MK II Ultra, TPR pedals, Cougar MFDs, Logitech flight switch and radio panels, x56 throttle, Saitek throttle quadrant, Trackir 5, Buttkicker gamer+, Logitech G920 with pedals, shifter, handbrake, Steam controller, Sony Dualsense, Edifier s760d 5.1 540Wt, Beyerdynamic dt 990 (600 ohm), dt 770 pro (250ohm), Razer stream controller, Elgato stream deck XL

FC3, A10-CII, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F-18, Viggen, Mirage F1, M2000, C-101, MB-339, Sabre, Mig-15, Mig-21, I-16, Spitfire, Bf-109, 190A8,D9,  P-47, P-51,  Mosquito, Ka 50-III, Mi-8, AH-64D, Mi-24, Gazelle, NS430, Supercarrier, ALL maps, CA, WW2 assets pack

• 2 weeks later...