April 2024 latest Update

Ghostmaker

Can any one tell me what the latest update is? Ive carroed out the update shown on my dcs which is 

Im not getting the trees or grass move from the jet engines nor are they moving when i drop a mk82 bomb in the trees. Any ideas? 

@BIGNEWY?

Edited by Ghostmaker

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

They are working, otherwise you wouldn't see people discussing them on the forum and vids on YT showing how they look. That being said, prop and jet wash are unfinished WIP (as per patch notes),so might not always work, plus, we don't know if blast effects work correctly on all maps and with all types of ordnance. Which combination have you tested?

Your DCS version number, if that's the one you see in bottom right corner of menu screen, is indeed the latest one.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Can i assume that the blast movement of trees and jet wash of grass etc as per the video attqched are not working as we speak?

Please make sure you installed the latest Version of DCS, as you can see above. Also be aware, that the new blast movement is still very much work in progress and it therefore may still doesn‘t meet your expectation
  • Like 1

Ueah the one in the bottom left of my screen is 2.9.4.53627

However when i drop mk82 500lb bomb or put jet on full throttle no grass or trees move nor do i see the trees move from bomb hits?

Ueah the one in the bottom left of my screen is 2.9.4.53627

However when i drop mk82 500lb bomb or put jet on full throttle no grass or trees move nor do i see the trees move from bomb hits?
Tried the Multi Threaded version?
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostmaker said:

Ill give it ago bud. I always use open beta. Whats the difference using open beta to MT? Do you notice any difference in quality etc?

There is no open beta since the Feb update. There is now only a single release. The default version of this is the multi-threaded version. 

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Oh ok, so i have MT dcs shortcut which i dont use and my open Beta dcs shortcurt which i do use, if i click open the MT dcs shortcut none of my settings are in there where as in the open beta one there all setup. Can i carry in using the open beta shortcut with no issues then? And theres no difference between either of them..?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ghostmaker said:

Oh ok, so i have MT dcs shortcut which i dont use and my open Beta dcs shortcurt which i do use, if i click open the MT dcs shortcut none of my settings are in there where as in the open beta one there all setup. Can i carry in using the open beta shortcut with no issues then? And theres no difference between either of them..?

If you have updated to the latest then you are using the "unified" version, even though you may have originally started with the beta version. If you use the DCS.exe from the bin-MT folder then you're using the right one. 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Well, there's your answer right there. Those graphics features are not available in the single threaded version.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk