What does this hand signal mean? (Light wands in the day?)

Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hi, my F/A-18 is all set for the cat launch but what does this hand signal mean? Could not find it in the tutorials. Thanks.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

That's the Case III signal to throttle-up. Not sure why they're using the wand signals during the day.

Yes, I see. Thanks.
Mission was set in June at 1400hrs light scattered clouds, Syria. Not sure why the wands. I changed it to 1100hrs and the wands went away. Hmm...

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

I see this signal for my wingmen, but the signal I get is the handheld high with a twirl. I'm on CAT 1 and my wingman is on CAT II for launch.  Shouldn't we both be getting the same hand signal? 

Posted (edited)

Seems like a buggy issue previously reported here (Dec 2023) except the wand was missing.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

• GrEaSeLiTeNiN changed the title to What does this hand signal mean? (Light wands in the day?)