Are these two vehicles from the same sim....???

Kilo_60

Overall the graphics, especially vehicles and infantry are very well done.

However, I'm seeing some big inconsistancies in my game for some vehicles that look like a holdover from the original Flanker series.

Are these vehicles going to be updated anytime in the future to better match the excellent vehicles alreday in the game?

See below for an example:

screenshot007xae.jpg

screenshot006dkv.jpg

A new GAZ-66 model is already in the patch. However, there will still be some old models. Not enough modelers to do everything at once.

Cheers for the pic, that detail is not far off the Arma2 models. Impressive!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

That is such a sexy model... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If there were a modelling guide similar to a skinning guide, there would probably more modellers from community. I'd like to model smth, but I have no clue as to where to start.

If you live to fly again, it's a successful landing. The plane being able to fly again is just a bonus.

the more civilian stuff can be basic and some less popular aircraft and heli's look more lockon- ish im sure this will be updated over time.

but the things that are modeled well look fantastic :D

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Looks nice, but will the addition of these higher-poly models affect the frame rate at all? Frankly I wouldn't care if they left the current ground models the way they are; it's not like I'll notice their amount of detail in combat, anyway. Their detail is good enough for one to be able to tell what they are through plain sight or through the Shkval, so why worry about it?

Personally I think its ugly. Not talking about the model or the work, just the truck. Looks like an old WW2 relic. The model looks superb. :)

it will look better with a few cannon rounds in it lol

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Looks nice, but will the addition of these higher-poly models affect the frame rate at all? Frankly I wouldn't care if they left the current ground models the way they are; it's not like I'll notice their amount of detail in combat, anyway. Their detail is good enough for one to be able to tell what they are through plain sight or through the Shkval, so why worry about it?

Thats why multiple Levels of Detail exist. Lower poly models are switched with higher poly models the closer the camera gets.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum