New to this & loving it.

CanEater

New to this, but I must say the first time I took to the air in this Russian bird. WOW it felt like i was really flying it.

After years of microsoft fs5-fsx. And in the olden days Longbow 2 and all the janes sims, this is so good.

Just last night I finally worked out how to fire the air to ground missiles and how to lock the shkval box on to targets.

Had a ball killing tanks for the first time.

Still cant get the cannon to fire. if anyone can help on that, it would be great.

I used to love slow and low NOE fliying in longbow 2, many years ago. Now with Black Shark the magic is back...

Thanks Guys....

One day i'll learn how to do a cold start. Too! LOL.. Win home key 4 now.

:megalol:

Still cant get the cannon to fire. if anyone can help on that, it would be great.

Master Arm On, select Cannon [c] and pull the Trigger.

Welcome :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I've killed plenty of tanks with the cannon, though as you say, it isn't exactly efficient from anything like a safe distance. :smartass: Usually when I'm out of missiles. I'm still fairly incompetent with the rockets, so the cannon is my backup.

One further step to using the cannon is to make sure your target is within its target box (big rectangle on the HUD, weighted to the right). On a side-note, am I the only one who finds the cannon placement to be a strange design decision? Just sayin'. :music_whistling:

Why do you find it strange?

IIRC the recoil is just too massive to mount it otherwise.

I hadn't considered the recoil. I figured there was an excellent reason behind it, I just didn't know the details. :D I just mean it seems potentially awkward to only have access to it on one side of the aircraft.

I hadn't considered the recoil. I figured there was an excellent reason behind it, I just didn't know the details. :D I just mean it seems potentially awkward to only have access to it on one side of the aircraft.

The semi-rigid mounting on the Ka-50 improves the cannon's accuracy, giving the 30 mm a longer practical range and better hit ratio at medium ranges than with a free-turning turret mounted on the nose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

IIRC the recoil is just too massive to mount it otherwise.

The Mi-28 has it chin-mounted, so that might not be the sole reason. Part of it is of course the increased accuracy of this mounting option, but i also think that the necessity for a retractable gear played into the decision (because the rotor mast is so large and has enormous drag). However, this has been discussed to death already last year, so i refrain from hijacking this thread. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!