Uh-1 No Vegetation Shockwave

Wanted to test out the new shockwave effects on vegetation so fired off a couple missiles from the Huey. However there was just a regular explosion and no shockwave or plant movement.

Is it only implemented with some aircraft?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Wanted to test out the new shockwave effects on vegetation so fired off a couple missiles from the Huey. However there was just a regular explosion and no shockwave or plant movement.
Is it only implemented with some aircraft?
You're definitely on MT, right? Just making sure. Have a track for testing?
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

You're definitely on MT, right? Just making sure. Have a track for testing?
Cheers!

ah looks like the update wasn't working. normally it checks for update when loading but maybe MT doesn't do that anymore? not sure, but updating now

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

ah looks like the update wasn't working. normally it checks for update when loading but maybe MT doesn't do that anymore? not sure, but updating now
I see! Enjoy! I use Skatezilla's excellent updater, and update manually in any case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I see! Enjoy! I use Skatezilla's excellent updater, and update manually in any case.

well, i updated to latest version and tried again, but still don't see the plants responding to the shockwave. i've uploaded a quick and dirty video to demonstrate:

https://streamable.com/jhepyp

Edited by dresoccer4

well, i updated to latest version and tried again, but still don't see the plants responding to the shockwave. i've uploaded a quick and dirty video to demonstrate:
https://streamable.com/jhepyp
Since you're in the Huey. Does the grass and trees move when you fly over them? If not, double check again you're using the MT version.

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Since you're in the Huey. Does the grass and trees move when you fly over them? If not, double check again you're using the MT version.

yep, the propwash is working well. dust and shaking trees

Rockets have relatively little impact on the vegetation.

I noticed that with the WW2 rockets. 

The trees move more violently depending on explosive force. So a 2000lb will make the trees dance more than a 500lb.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Rockets have relatively little impact on the vegetation.

I noticed that with the WW2 rockets. 

The trees move more violently depending on explosive force. So a 2000lb will make the trees dance more than a 500lb.

ah maybe that's it. i assumes a rocket barrage would make the trees dance as well. the explosions look really big (check out my vid attached)

Edited by dresoccer4
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

ah maybe that's it. i assumes a rocket barrage would make the trees dance as well. the explosions look really big (check out my vid attached)

I can see maybe a slight movement. Remember explosion graphics are totally off in DCS. Rocket explosions are too big, bomb explosions are too small. the 3.4kg warhead in the HVAR WW2 rockets crate a far bigger explosion than the 500lb WW2 GP bomb.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I can see maybe a slight movement. Remember explosion graphics are totally off in DCS. Rocket explosions are too big, bomb explosions are too small. the 3.4kg warhead in the HVAR WW2 rockets crate a far bigger explosion than the 500lb WW2 GP bomb.

ah that does seem off. 

i'll try again with 500lb bomb and see if it works on my end

• Like 1

Try guns on palm trees of Marianas map, that will move them allright 😄 .

• Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

7 hours ago, Art-J said:

Probably rubber trees. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Art-J said:

that MUCH more movement than the Huey rockets. they barely flinched with those

• Like 1