What is "Easy Mode"?

Snacko

Posted (edited)

Before all you rocket jocks start posting "Don't use easy mode, it's for girls", or "If you want an 'easy' mode, you've come to the wrong place!".  I'm just wanting to understand it's current state.  DCS did used to have an Easy mode, but I have not looked for it for years..

But I have a friend coming over next month, and I was wondering if it still works?  How does it work?  I've read that it's bugged, but I want to look for myself.

I have the Mig-19p and it has an 'easy' mode(MIG-19P_easy) aircraft in the Controls Settings, and I've assigned the basics to it.  But when I go to the Mission Builder, or "Create Fast Mission", it's not there for selection.  And I've see other 'easy' aircraft listed in the install files(F-86_easy; FW-190A_easy; FW-190D9_easy; KA-50_easy; P-47_easy; and several more.) that are also not available in the game.

So, is this 'Easy' mode just simply completely abandoned in DCS.  And the BF-190K-4_easy that is in the Control Settings just a mistaken left-over that should be remove?   Or is Easy mode still functional in any way at all?

Thanks.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

The "easy" is not a seperate aircraft, despite there being a seperate entry in the controls option. It is simply a setting that simplifies the physics for an aircraft. Unfortunately, since easy mode is not really supported anymore, it can be that it makes the plane unflyable. Wether easy mode still works with an aircraft or not can only be found out by trial and error. Newer modules generally do not like "easy mode" enabled. 

• ED Team

Hi, 

Game avionics was removed from DCS a while ago as it was creating problems and could be exploited, we still have game flight option, which uses different inputs set, but it can create problems for some modules. We are currently considering its removal from DCS.

thank you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

Snacko, instead of using "easy mode" or any other artificial way of reducing a full fidelity plane to an arcade one.. why not just use what DCS has to offer for this exact situation.. a trainer. It is perfect for a newbie, slow, handles as an airplane should, you can multicrew with your friend and assist him and he's gonna get a proper intro into flying.

Also,

On 5/20/2024 at 5:59 PM, BIGNEWY said:

We are currently considering its removal from DCS.

Let's hope to that!

Edited by DJK
  • Like 2

The FBW planes like the Hornet and M-2000 are already easy to fly. No extra mode necessary 🙂

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5