F-14 A/B feature follow-up, wish list and beyond

With regard to sound.  I would like to see it added to the Fix/Wishlist that engine sound volume increases more than it currently does, when the canopy is raised.  Adjusting the cockpit sounds and/or exterior sounds sliders doesn't do the job either.  Thank you.

Edited by JupiterJoe

"It's not necessary to tell me I'm right.  We'll just assume it."

6 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

With regard to sound.  I would like to see it added to the Fix/Wishlist that exterior sound volume increases more than it currently does (particularly that of your own engines), when the canopy is raised.  Thank you.

Remember to make a bug report if you think a fix is needed. I have not had a chance to test yet.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Remember to make a bug report if you think a fix is needed. I have not had a chance to test yet.

Okay, but this has always been the case with the F-14, not just since yesterday's reworked engine soundscape.  Open the canopy on a running F-14 and you'll notice the volume of your own engines barely increases. I believe this may have already been acknowledged by HB in the past, as being something they wanted to tackle (I'll be damned if I can find it though).  Adjusting the cockpit sounds and/or exterior sounds sliders doesn't do the job either.  Whether you have the 'Hear sound like wearing a helmet' option selected, or not. 

Edited by JupiterJoe

Both elevons recorded as being destroyed, but graphically show still attached (you can see the separation cracks).  Again, I believe this is something HB may already be aware of.

Elevons.jpg

1 hour ago, JupiterJoe said:

I believe this is something HB may already be aware

Unless you find a report thread consider they're not aware.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

22 minutes ago, draconus said:

Unless you find a report thread consider they're not aware.

Okay and by-the-way, I have edited my previous statement to say that the volume of your own engines does not increase as much as I think it should when raising the canopy.  See what you think.  Cheers. 

after seeing the F-4 I would love an improved in-cockpit texture/detail. For whatever reason even on day 1 they looked slightly "flat" I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but the result is it looks a bit  "cartoonish" The F4 cockpit is a clear generation ahead it looks fantastic.

18 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

Okay and by-the-way, I have edited my previous statement to say that the volume of your own engines does not increase as much as I think it should when raising the canopy.  See what you think.  Cheers. 

I think the sound increases quite a bit. Also, thsy environment is in reality painfully loud. Hard to say when it's not real, and I've never used that particular helmet, but in general a helmet would dampen the sound quite well. I think they strike a good balance. 

Posted (edited)

On 7/11/2024 at 6:50 AM, draconus said:

Just to let you know that it's not a MP only bug.

Hi @draconus, I am able to reproduce the straight/looping sounds arm/disarm seat at both pilot/RIO seats.

The assumption is that "Hear Like in Helmet" has to be unchecked (I had checked and that was the reason I could not hear it)

The discord bug/feedback is created at:  https://discordapp.com/channels/1071433028045377637/1261730331908902992

The sounds can go more than 5 mins or longer... It is a real bug...  Enjoy the recordings.... 

Edited by scommander2

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD | TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR | TKIR5/TrackClipPro | Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box | Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, scommander2 said:

The assumption is that "Hear Like in Helmet" has to be unchecked (I had checked and that was the reason I could not hear it)

No, I always use "hear like in helmet" setting and the bug was present.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, draconus said:

No, I always use "hear like in helmet" setting and the bug was present.

Okay... cool, thanks..... Retested again, I can reproduce the sound with the checked for "Hear Like in Helmet" but I just need to click arm/disarm lots of times or hold enough in either arm or disarm.. the loop will be kicked in....

Edited by scommander2

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD | TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR | TKIR5/TrackClipPro | Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box | Win 11 Pro

On 7/13/2024 at 8:31 AM, Rhrich said:

I think the sound increases quite a bit. Also, thsy environment is in reality painfully loud. Hard to say when it's not real, and I've never used that particular helmet, but in general a helmet would dampen the sound quite well. I think they strike a good balance. 

Please compare the volume of the engines when you're in the cockpit to when the the canopy is open.  IRL it would be deafening without your helmet on, would it not?

Edited by JupiterJoe

Hi @draconus, please provide more info for the following item:

- Canopy glass no effects from inside (external)

Thanks.

On 7/14/2024 at 1:10 AM, JupiterJoe said:

Please compare the volume of the engines when you're in the cockpit to when the the canopy is open.  IRL it would be deafening without your helmet on, would it not?

Yes. You either protect your hearing or you'll loose it. 

I'm not too aware of this part of the game, but aren't the helmet on even if you open the canopy?

Anyway: They're wise not to recreate the delta between these sound volumes properly. If they had you had to have one volume setting for one state and one for the other. I do not belive that would be better for gameplay. Not everything needs to be an accurate simulation. I don't pee in a piddle pack either. 

On 7/14/2024 at 6:59 AM, scommander2 said:

Hi @draconus, please provide more info for the following item:

- Canopy glass no effects from inside (external)

Yes. You either protect your hearing or you'll loose it. 
I'm not too aware of this part of the game, but aren't the helmet on even if you open the canopy?
Anyway: They're wise not to recreate the delta between these sound volumes properly. If they had you had to have one volume setting for one state and one for the other. I do not belive that would be better for gameplay. Not everything needs to be an accurate simulation. I don't pee in a piddle pack either. 

As far as dynamic range goes, sure, but in the Phantom when you open the canopy with engines running you can immediately hear a plausible change in acoustics more than just loudness and it would be reasonable to expect a similar effect on the F-14.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2024 at 10:30 PM, r4y30n said:

As far as dynamic range goes, sure, but in the Phantom when you open the canopy with engines running you can immediately hear a plausible change in acoustics more than just loudness and it would be reasonable to expect a similar effect on the F-14.

This almost seems like a bug to me and I think its been a day 1 issue. I mentioned it in the engine feedback thread as well. Closing the canopy effect world volume but not engine volume.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2024 at 2:47 AM, Rhrich said:

They're wise not to recreate the delta between these sound volumes properly. If they had you had to have one volume setting for one state and one for the other. I do not belive that would be better for gameplay. Not everything needs to be an accurate simulation. I don't pee in a piddle pack either. 

Of course they normalize the sound and make it dynamic, not a problem at all, and it's already simulated properly for years in other modules. We can't make it ourselves. The pack otoh is on the user side and we're free to do it if we wish.

Hi @draconus it is about A-135-GR and we want the 135-GR Early, right?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Hi @draconus it is about A-135-GR and we want the 135-GR Early, right?  Thanks.

What are you referring to? If it's about To Do list then yes, we wait for both A-95-GR and A-135-GR Early.

3 hours ago, draconus said:

If it's about To Do list then yes, we wait for both A-95-GR and A-135-GR Early.

Yes, thanks.

Hi @Naquaii, I would like to post my question here rather than discord to find out what is the better way to report the concerns form us to HB.

I have to apologize up-front if my wording may be wrong or offensive and it is not my intention or purpose.

I have been starting to compile all feedbacks from our list and create few bugs/feedbacks into discord, and hope it can make HB to track our concerns easily.

However, the suggestion from discord your post that I do not report items from our list into discord as long as DCS forum has the post.

Does it mean that this thread is good enough and I do not need to worry about the discord side?  And, HB will check this thread from time to time?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

Hi @Naquaii, I would like to post my question here rather than discord to find out what is the better way to report the concerns form us to HB.

I have to apologize up-front if my wording may be wrong or offensive and it is not my intention or purpose.

I have been starting to compile all feedbacks from our list and create few bugs/feedbacks into discord, and hope it can make HB to track our concerns easily.

However, the suggestion from discord your post that I do not report items from our list into discord as long as DCS forum has the post.

Does it mean that this thread is good enough and I do not need to worry about the discord side?  And, HB will check this thread from time to time?

Thanks.

The problem is that you're basically creating a separate form of tracking bugs and feature proposals that's out of our control. You're free to do so for your own sake but please understand that we have our own internal trackers that we do this stuff in and where we enter all stuff reported both in the bugs section here and on the Discord.

If users find bugs or want to report feedback we ask them to post that in the appropriate official places, i.e. the bug reports section on this forum or the equivalent on the Discord. If you compile your own list you basically create an additional layer between us and the user reporting it, and if you then report them to us you risk creating creating copies of a lot of the already reported stuff as well as unintentionally obfuscating the report by becoming an unnecessary middle part to all this.

But like I said, I'm not going to stop you from having your own list but I ask you guys to please report any found bugs or feedback directly to us, not to this list and then to us. This is not an official list and not something we'll commit to follow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Naquaii said:

The problem is that you're basically creating a separate form of tracking bugs and feature proposals that's out of our control. You're free to do so for your own sake but please understand that we have our own internal trackers that we do this stuff in and where we enter all stuff reported both in the bugs section here and on the Discord.

Thanks for the comment, does HB have the ticket reporting likes ED has? So that we know what are issues have been reported.

I guess that we built the list because there is no central point for users to report to.  And, we, as users, are in the dark and no ideal How HB handles issues/concerns.

Edited by scommander2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scommander2 said:

Thanks for the comment, does HB have the ticket reporting likes ED has? So that we know what are issues have been reported.

I guess that we built the list because there is no central point for users to report to.  And, we, as users, are in the dark and no ideal How HB handles issues/concerns.

We don't have a public ticket system like ED has, like I've mentioned we have an internal to the team. The central point you're talking about for reports are the bug reports section here and on the Discord. We track all reports posted there so if you can't find anything there's it's likely new.

There's no public place to view all those tickets as it's not a public system.