"Batumi Breakdown" - A few missions...

Here you can download a few missions a wrote for my self-entertainment. I started in december last year, with getting to know the editor - try and error. I had the idea of building a few story based missions for me and my squadmates from an virtuel IL2 online-squad.

Actually I planned to built 12 missions, beginning in the northern region of Georgia, and ending in the south - thats why I named it Batumi...

Well, I only finished the first 4 by now, and due to the fact, that it is not sure, that these missions will still be playable with the new patch, which should be released somewhat soon, I decided to stop here with the story and campaign and continue with Part 2, when the patch was released.

With the storyline of the missions I try to put the player into the role of a russian Ka-50 pilot, doing his duty along the russian-georgian border line, who gets thrown into a slowly escalating small-scale conflict between a some russian occupation forces and georgian insurgents, assisted by the georgian army. I tried to put it all into a story, which develops and leaves space for your own imagination. Finally the pilot has to obey orders, without knowing, who is wrong, who is right and finds himself embedded between old rivals and new friends.

I had a lot of fun recording the voices, even though I would starve, if I have to earn my bread with this kind of business. Anyway, nevermind my english or the few insider jokes, I brought into the soundfiles.

There will still be some minor bugs in the missions, and maybe multiplayer is not really playable due to performance issues and sound mixes. I spent a lot of time tweaking and testing, but I put my main time and work into the singleplayer missions. I would recoment a fine PC with Vista, especially for the 4th mission, but maybe it is not needed. Well, anyhow, you should be able to fly in the night with zero visibility and nasty winds, you should be able to put coordinates into your ABRIS and PVI and should be able to read and understand english a bit. The missions are not really difficult, but I would not call them easy either. Don´t expect to succeed the first try. Escpecially the fourth missions is a little bit challenging, and finally took me about 10 tries to complete it successfully, even knowing exactly what to do, what to happen. So, don´t get too frustrated too soon, but I guess you will not, if you spent your spare time with DCS Black Shark. ;)

If you play these missions, please write me your opinion - report bugs, hints etc here. Thank you!

Here you can download the missions, playable for 4 players in Coop-style. Respawning is rather useless, because the ways are long and the objectives demand are certain time frame.

Here you can download the singleplayer missions, packed together as a campaign, so not to mix up the correct order in which the missions should be played.

Here are some images I painted for the missions- briefing:

BB_1stM_SP.jpg

BB_2ndM_SP.jpg

BB_3rdM_SP.jpg

BB_4thM_SP_1.jpg

Missions created with version 1.0, some triggers might not work with 1.0.2, I will test them again, when I find some time.

Edited by SNAFU
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I tell you what, 1st mission NAV points 3 to 4. Some of the most intense bad weather flying, ive ever done. Getting buffeted about by the wind is one thing, but 80% of the section is near zero visibility. FANTASTIC!!

The ruskies sure know how to make life hard for a pilot.

Damn those Apache pilots with terrain radar. :joystick:

Great missions m8, looking forward to getting into the other parts.

Huh, I used my 50MB-Webspace-for-free-Account from Arcor. Seems they didn´t appreciate the traffic I caused, and blocked my account.

Unfortunatly I have no other webspace at hand, that could host these two files. It was around 20MB, if I remember that correctly.

Maybe someone has any idea, I am not so familar with all this file-sharing etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 1 month later...

Anyone more tried the missions and could give me some hints?

I am about to start continue my little story, as long as patch will be delayed, mostly for my self, but some inspiration could be nice... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I am planning to try your missions in the near feature and I will comment for sure.

Any one tried this missions, campaign, pls comment.

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Thanks, just a couple of suggestions (for online missions). You can use .ogg for sound and the weight of each file would be drastically reduced (so less stress for server). Also, jpg can be compressed a little more.

Now I'm gonna try them!

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I cant seem to get over the mountains in the first mission... I try to stay the same speed as the Mi-8's (150Kmph) and clime as quick as i can with out turning the engine overwork lights will be including a track file next time i play it... Whats the trick?

BTW great missions so far

Moin Hausdiesel,

what`s your payload? Fully loaded you might get some difficulties, although it is possible using only 50% fuel, but you have to fly faster. Having only Vikhrs and max combat fuel you should have no problems. You don´t need Anti-Turbine-Inlet Icing system activated, that gives you a few kW more. ;) At least I rarly had problems with icing, only 2 times out of 20-30 test flights.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Thanks, just a couple of suggestions (for online missions). You can use .ogg for sound and the weight of each file would be drastically reduced (so less stress for server). Also, jpg can be compressed a little more.

Yes you are right, at first I tried *.ogg files but found there is not so much difference in size, sinze I used the lowest sample rates for Waves possible in my program and the waves were easier to mix with other ambient sounds. At first I also made different picuteres for the single and multiplayer missions. Finally I decided that the missions are more suitable for singleplayer and focused on this mode, due to the sometimes appearing difficulties with the activation of sounds in mulitplayer missions when mission starts, which I have not understood till now.

I also tested the missions in multiplayer mode but not that intensive as in singleplayer mode due to obvious reason that the right test pilots are not always at hand, and test sorties were limited to a few flights in the end stage, so I really don´t know what all might happen in the mulitplayer coop-missions. But maybe you find out. ;)

The files are around 2-5 MB if I remember this correctly, took some time to transmit, but were playable for my 16MB conneciton.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 11 months later...

:poster_oops:

Sorry for this question, but I could not find any sticky regarding changes of patch 1.02 and I am in the office right now with little time, but was wondering if the old missions built with 1.00 and their triggers are still working with 1.02?

Is their any sticky somewhere with the changes of the patche 1.02? Just resurrected this cold, dead fred, didn´t want to high-jack someone´s discussion and it´s surely stated somewhere, just got to many hits in the search and a sticky would be really helpful...

:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

It definitely affects things, some of the old missions I made for myself don't work as expected.

For example ships that previously shelled an enemy base no longer did it.

Maybe Dragon can help, he had to update his mission pack to the new AI.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Hi guys.

The missions of 1.0 should run in 1.0.2.

There are some new triggers since 1.0 and some little changes/fixes but the old triggers should work.

Anyway I had to rework the most of my missions because of a new behaviour of the units.

e.g.

- A.I. helos now attacking everything they can see, without a attacking-zone.

- Units with small machine guns won't attack tanks anymore.

- The range of some SAMs was changed since 1.0.

... can't remember anything eles was changed.... what I want to say is: The mission is running but you have to test, if it is working like it should.

Thank you for the update! Very appreciated.

ED did not post the readme or change-log of the patch 1.0.2 here in the english forum? I only found some kind of sticky in the russian forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite