How to Add/Edit Loadouts

Tesla

If this is not allowed, then disregard this. (Coming from the AAA forums, this thread would be deleted right ab......out now)

But after looking through attempts to add the Hind and other aircraft, I saw that some were editing loadouts. How would I add certain weapons to my little Kamov.

:dunno:

Edited by Tesla
Don't know when I began mixing up "Kamurov" for Kamov

If this is not allowed, then disregard this. (Coming from the AAA forums, this thread would be deleted right ab......out now)

But after looking through attempts to add the Hind and other aircraft, I saw that some were editing loadouts. How would I add certain weapons to my little Kamurov.

:dunno:

Easy, Just pick the aircraft, you know the taskbar on the right witch gives you options? there's a Tab in that with waypoints and right above that a "Selector" there's a button with a Crosshair on it, click on it.

Easy, Just pick the aircraft, you know the taskbar on the right witch gives you options? there's a Tab in that with waypoints and right above that a "Selector" there's a button with a Crosshair on it, click on it.

I know about that, maybe I wasn't as specific as I thought I was. I mean like adding armaments that a certain aircraft cannot usually hold without it edited and fitted with other hardpoints. Which .lua file would I edit to add maybe an AIM-9 Sidewinder or an AIM-120 AMRAAM?

And no, this is not for an online advantage, I still haven't had a thought of playing multiplayer yet, still too occupied getting used to target designation and aerobatics. :joystick:

I know about that, maybe I wasn't as specific as I thought I was. I mean like adding armaments that a certain aircraft cannot usually hold without it edited and fitted with other hardpoints. Which .lua file would I edit to add maybe an AIM-9 Sidewinder or an AIM-120 AMRAAM?

And no, this is not for an online advantage, I still haven't had a thought of playing multiplayer yet, still too occupied getting used to target designation and aerobatics. :joystick:

Though this was possible with Lock On, I don't believe it's possible in DCS.

I mean like adding armaments that a certain aircraft cannot usually hold without it edited and fitted with other hardpoints. :joystick:

Im not a big fan of some of the mods being posted regarding non std arming. Im flying in multiplay with some players carrying enough misiles to defeat small nations solo.

Ive been a server admin in the past in various games and would consider such arming as cheats resulting in kick/ban. Im hoping players will refrain from posting such content.

Im not targeting you in this post Tesla, im just stating a point of view that i'd rather not see it in multiplay :huh:

Hi Tesla,

This might be of some help to you :smilewink:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37673

Thank, you very much. Helped me a lot.

Im not a big fan of some of the mods being posted regarding non std arming. Im flying in multiplay with some players carrying enough misiles to defeat small nations solo.

Ive been a server admin in the past in various games and would consider such arming as cheats resulting in kick/ban. Im hoping players will refrain from posting such content.

Im not targeting you in this post Tesla, im just stating a point of view that i'd rather not see it in multiplay :huh:

The only problem with DCS is the client-side Lua, waaay too easy to cheat. You won't see me with a modded install online, I hate the ****ers that do that.

The only real mods I use are graphics mods like high res packs and skins.... other than that, i'm pure....

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

Okay, I tried what was in that thread, I've added an AIM-9X and an AIM-120B Non - rotated onto pylon 1 and there is no change in game.

I have added these two line at the end of the list for Pylon 1's weapons.

{ CLSID = "{5CE2FF2A-645A-4197-B48D-8720AC69394F}" },

{ CLSID = "{40EF17B7-F508-45de-8566-6FFECC0C1AB8}" },

Is this because they are not hard-coded to be used with the Ka-50?

After going through a lot of weapons, only a few work, mainly Russian.

ScreenShot_282.jpg

Edited by Tesla

Fact is, you can equip the Hokum only with missiles that are semi-active-laser guided.

So adding Hellfires or AGM65E Mavericks is no problem as well as all unguided rockets or bombs. Weapons guided by radar or infrared don´t work.

See the encyclopedia for further information.

Edited by Jerec
  • Like 1

Okay, I tried what was in that thread, I've added an AIM-9X and an AIM-120B Non - rotated onto pylon 1 and there is no change in game.

you've done what? No offence to you but if you want such bull*** loudout why do you bother buynig such well made REALISTIC sim? Better go fly Hawx instead :disgust: At least better not have such things in multiplayer.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I´ve attached a Ka-50.lua file with all weapons that work.

Even though you guys say you wont use this type of mod in multiplay. Some players will, and it will destroy multiplay for everyone, unless loadouts can be controlled from the editor. Which I dont think can be done at this point.

Posting cheats in this forum is akin to placing the DCS manual on the floor and skidding your arse accross it, like a dog clearing debri from its clacker.

you've done what? No offence to you but if you want such bull*** loudout why do you bother buynig such well made REALISTIC sim? Better go fly Hawx instead :disgust: At least better not have such things in multiplayer.

Insulting me over different ideas is somewhat pertentious. HAWX is an arcade game at best. I have always liked "retrofitting" different components to aircraft, but I never go overboard, I keep it on a realistic level. I just wanted to test how and if the targetting differs between weapons.

Jerec, thank you for posting that, I have downloaded it and uploaded it to my Filefront archive. Please take down the link so noone with the intentions to use it for multiplayer can get a hold of it.

Edited by Tesla

I´ve removed the file. I also think that´s better.

But in reality the KA-50 has AA weapons, the R60 or R73.

Until now I found no way to make AA missiles work with the KA-50. No problem to mount these missiles, but you can´t launch them.