Scenery Tools available! [Old / For FC2]

amalahama

+1 on the updated ModelViewer.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will need to see if I can release it. Is there not a version someplace in the a10c directory? There was one included in the BS and FC2 install.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

There are lua's and cfg's named modelviewer and are associated with it, but I searched everywhere and have not found the .exe

Just checked again, in the "Config\Modelviewer" folder there is a ModelViewer.pjd, which is a project file for DialogBlocks. I opened it in the program and got the ModelViewer in an unusable project state, but I don't know how to compile it. :/

edm-modelviewer.jpg

Side note: A lot of new features in this version. Very Nice! :D

Check the root a10c directory. that is where it was for older products. I am not at my desktop so I can not check right now. or search your entire harddrive for modelviewer.exe

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

It wasn't included in the release.

Nate

Figured. I guess they're waiting until the new plugins package is ready for release...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Trying to add roads on the Crimea part of terain. I`m load old roads.rn2 form fc1.12 in 3ds Max and roads.rn2 file from FC2.0. Now i see all roads but how to export it. Is this possible?

For the beginning i wanna add only small part of road just to see changes on the map and make that road to be a road in the game.

Can someone help me please?

1. How to add more roads in curently roads.rn2 file?

2. Can i import/export it from old road.rn2 file?

3. Is roads.rn2 only one file to edit if i wanna do this?

4. What procedure for export (edit road.rn2) in 3ds max? (i have ED plugins)

I apreciate any help, Thanks!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm new to Max so please bare with me :)

I have managed to get terrain into FC2.. Now I'm trying to make shore lines.

In the materials there is only "Beach" and this only seems to work if applied to a line. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Are there plans to update these tools at all to work with newer versions of 3dsmax? I've upgraded to 2012 recently but I'd love to work on some terrain stuff. Sadly, Autodesk doesn't let you back down on revisions even when you buy a new version =\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--------------------------------------------------

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

Yeah, which I'm not a part of =\

Having to buy in to the sub program isn't worth it just to make DCS terrain, heh. I only upgrade every few years, so I don't think the cost of joining it is worth it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

Hi guys!...

1. How to add more roads in curently roads.rn2 file?

2. Can i import/export it from old road.rn2 file?

3. Is roads.rn2 only one file to edit if i wanna do this?

4. What procedure for export (edit road.rn2) in 3ds max? (i have ED plugins)...

1.Script Editor - Spline edit

2.can not be in OLD FILE!

3. this file only for rewriting

4. http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/MaxExportRoads_eng.

good luck! I will answer to your questions.

Terra Incognita

Sorry to sound like a broken record here guys, but I'd really like to get an official word on whether or not the terrain tools/plugins/scripts are going to be updated to Max 2012. I really would like to start on a new theatre in the near future ;D

Any info would be great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no. for 3ds max 2012 will not be plug-ins

So much for doing new terrain then :'(

You guys should really update the tools. Max 2012 is far superior in every way to Max 8/2008. Way better tools and viewport performance (6million+ tri meshes run over 60fps).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New tools are being developed for new versions. Old tools are not supported by more

big big smile on my face, you sneaky rascal! Thanks for the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old tools are not supported anymore? :-\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4