Looking for a stick

Can anyone recommend a good stick that's around $30-40, or is a stick that cheap even going to be worth buying? Right now I'm using a game pad, which worked fine for Falcon 4.0 and FSX, but of course on DCS it's just not cutting it. So, are there any worthwhile sticks for that price?

thx

If your main objective is flying Blackshark I would definately say get a used Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback from EBay (or any local site like this)...!

I have a Cougar that's modded to the point of ridicule, and I love it for it's programability and general feel.

But in Blackshark you will get a MUCH better sence of the trimming function with a Force Feedback stick. And Microsoft's last Sidewinder model had the highest resolution of them all (so far...)

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Horrible stick, have one myself and after a couple of weeks, there were serious calibration/precision issues. Whatever you do, don't get that one.

Perhaps there's a nice joystick from Saitek, dunno. Anyway Saitek is a decent brand.

I use that one for all my flight sims, and BF2, OFP, etc. Its okay, but nothing I would recommend. I'm saving my money for a Saitek X52 Pro.

Though I will point out I have none of the problems Mugenjin has, so it could be hit or miss. Had it for about a year now, of moderate use.

ck ebay there are all kinds of sticks some used some new....i would hold out and save a lil more and get a good one to start..cus a cheap stick is just that..A Cheap Stick..lol.. ya pay 25 bucks now and in a few weeks she is dead..take your time and look around there are some good deals out there..for about 50/60 bucks..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3294&idCategory=178

This is a refurbished X-52 I have one myself and highly recommend it it's a hotas for $69.99 trust me spend the extra 30 dollars :thumbup: right now it's back ordered but maybe will become available soon

Sincerely,

Viper169th

yes mine is refurbished but I can say it comes with the standard warranty and 30.00 cheaper

I bought the rudder pedals too no problems out of them except the mini stick I have to move around to calibrate

Edited by viper169th

If your main objective is flying Blackshark I would definately say get a used Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback from EBay (or any local site like this)...!

I have a Cougar that's modded to the point of ridicule, and I love it for it's programability and general feel.

But in Blackshark you will get a MUCH better sence of the trimming function with a Force Feedback stick. And Microsoft's last Sidewinder model had the highest resolution of them all (so far...)

Do Microsoft still make them? I haven't seen a new one for years. :cry:

I have the original FF1 gameport stick that didn't take long to become redundant and I'm holding on to my FF2 as if my life depended on it. Good joysticks are hard to find these days.

Microsoft Sidewinder 2

I've also been hunting for a good stick. It looks like Microsoft stopped producing the Sidewinder 2 about 7 or 8 years ago.

I've settled upon the Saitek X52 Pro, and will purchase from an eBay seller, this week.

DCS: Black Shark is installed on my PC, but I won't touch it, until I get a decent stick. I feel like a crack addict with no pipe!

C. Patrick

Saitek X52 Pro

TrackIr 5

DcsMax 1.6

Vista Ultimate x64, Intel i7 920, 6GB 3-Channel RAM, 2x EVGA GeForce GTX260 SLI

if microsoft ffb is you thing... ck out ebay seen a hand full just the other day..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

if microsoft ffb is you thing... ck out ebay seen a hand full just the other day..

Aye - a good couple selling out of Germany if you're in the UK.....However at £100 I'd have serious reservations :huh:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

100 pounds? O.o

I have two from way back that I've been thinking about using to do some modded cyclic/collective setups, but if they really fetch that kind of money I might go sell them instead...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have 3 used in good condition that I will be putting up for sale on Ebay. (MSFFB2)

I also have one modded with an X52 grip, (not extended) with throttle and the twist grip works as well. I wonder if anyone would bite that up on Ebay?!

Edited by crazysundog

Guest knightflyte

http://www.gogamer.com/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Force-Feedback-2-Joystick-Front-Page_stcVVproductId27947627VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

MS FFB2 at GoGamer. Jason is a sales rep who frequents several different forums I belong to. Not long ago he mentioned that they had a small stock of these. I looked today and as you can see this looks like they are still available.

I myself would like one badly, but can't afford to expend the funds to purchase one at the moment. Soooooooooo if anyone is looking..........