Datalink

NagyViktor

Hi! My datalink doesn't work in the first and second missions. My teammates are not visible. Everyone else is visible on it. I tried it in the 3rd mission and also in the 12th and it works. Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by NagyViktor

3 hours ago, NagyViktor said:

Hi! My datalink doesn't work in the first and second missions. My teammates are not visible. Everyone else is visible on it. I tried it in the 3rd mission and also in the 12th and it works. Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Must be doing something wrong, I've not seen any issues with it.  Are you waiting to turn your data link/mids on, can't remember the exact requirements but I don't turn on till my ins is aligned and that always works ok.

On 10/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, ChillNG said:

Must be doing something wrong, I've not seen any issues with it.  Are you waiting to turn your data link/mids on, can't remember the exact requirements but I don't turn on till my ins is aligned and that always works ok.

Your INS needs to be fully aligned (either Stored heading or regular alignment, doesn't matter), and set set to NAV. 
Press "6" on the ICP -   the top row on your DED should read "GPS SYSTEM"

if "GPS SYSTEM" shows on the DED you can turn the MIDS to ON. 

sometimes starting in a bunker or under a structure can block the satellite's line of site and you will have to wait until it's unobstructed to see the "GPS SYSTEM" text correctly and turn on the MIDS, although I don't recall any missions starting that way in FIWOS. 

Edited by Gilligan
  • Thanks 1