LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

@GG - no prob, I know the feeling :)

@jessi1 - yup, did all that, just like it is said in readme :)

Guess what - its working!

Guess what - it was all about java :mad:

Before I started, as I followed this topic a little, I knew that I had to have working Java. Now, I remember that I did check and that it was working OK, but I guess it was 64-bit JRE, cos I remember installing bunch of crap that is needed for browsers (java, flash...).

So, I repeated procedure regarding java from the top, installed 32-bit JRE (and had dll's copied), and it is working just fiiiiineee :D

What can I say, but... UBERCOOL!

Superb work Yoda!

Thanks other for interest and help!

I'll go play now, see ya later :D

PS questions:

1. What is the minimum required configuration to run LEAVU over network? Say, will it work on some old PC?

2. Is it tested on other OS's, like Linux? I guess it should work if java is working, right?

Edited by Renato71

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is tested under linux.

Some parts will not work under linux, such as global keyboard input and preventing window focus.

If you run under linux:

- Uncheck "no focus" when starting leavu

- Do not use Leavu's built in key bindings

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I see. Many thanks :)

Another one: any way to make individual windows/instruments remember their last position and sizes?

Contact via PM.

I see. Many thanks :)

Another one: any way to make individual windows/instruments remember their last position and sizes?

Currently no. Maybe for a later project.

if you want to you can use netbeans to checkout the source code and edit the default position?....not that handy, but it works ;)

Maybe it will be in leavu2.1, but that is for after the weekend to see.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Thanks again to all :)

I'll try to study this a bit more, in a hope that I could help somehow :joystick:

Contact via PM.

Planned news in Leavu+ERI 2.1

- Single installation pack: ERI and Leavu are bundled together from now on

- Flight datalink update rate based on number of network participants

- ECCM ranging realism improved, depending on time spent ranging and the relation of velocity vectors between you and your target

- Consisent rws/tws hsd representations

- small bug fixes

- code and performance improvements

-------------------------

Small explanation on how to use ECCM ranging:

To achieve a consistent ranging solution, you need to scan the target frequently and

make sure he is not mirroring your motion or flying parrallel to your own flight direction.

Example1: Flying straight towards each other will never achieve a ranging solution

Example2: Both beaming will never achieve a ranging solution

Example3: A cranking attacker vs a straight head on flying target will achieve a ranging solution

The ranging solution gets updated every time the target is scanned, but the visual representation

updates take at least 5 seconds. Each radar update may either improve or deteriorate the overall

ranging solution, depending on how well the conditions above are met. To ensure a good ranging solution,

unpredictable cranking and high aspect maneuvers should be used for about 25-40 seconds. It can

take longer to achieve a rangingsolution depending on how "willing" your target is :)

Scanning a target too slowly will slowly break any already achieved ranging solution or

simply never achieve one. Wide scan RWS/TWS in F-15 will not give a ranging solution.

You must either use the narrow scan or even better, go stt on him. If you stop scanning a

target for a while and them come back to him, your solution will likely be completely broken.

NOTE: An inacurrate ingame ranging solution will appear after shorter than 25-40 seconds mentioned above,

however it will not be very usful until the full 25-40 seconds have been reached, you will be

able to see it improving over time. There is no point in displaying the ranging already from the

start because it would be annoying when your radar starts dancing all over the place.

-->Remember, the ranging starts when you detect him and scan him fast enough, NOT when you lock him stt.<--

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

I could not make it working under linux. It connects to host but does not open MFD. I think the problem is .dll files. It is described where to put those for windows but not for linux. How should I install it for linux? Many thanks in advance.

I could not make it working under linux. It connects to host but does not open MFD. I think the problem is .dll files. It is described where to put those for windows but not for linux. How should I install it for linux? Many thanks in advance.

Linux doesn't use dll files.

You need to download the runtime .so libraries for JOGL if you're using linux

Good morning,

I have LEAVU and ERI installed on a 2nd PC (WinXP SP3, all UTD). This usually runs my TB setup, and has a 10" touchscreen as its main monitor.

Yesterday, I also connected 2 x Samsung U70 screens, that fit behind the Cougar MFD pack. Unfortunately I have come across a couple of "issues".

1. LEAVU starts, and I create a borderless F15 MFD.

2. When I drag the place holder to one of the Samsung monitors (left or right) to resize (or just display). The screen is black, with no graphical data being displayed (whether connected to the sim or not, this includes the default graphics too). If I drag the screen back to the main display, the default graphics are displayed again. Puzzled with this one, and nothing I have done so far, has made the graphics appear.

3. In posts 959, Schizwiz has successfully mapped LEAVU to his MFDs. My question is how? The Cougar MFD's cannot be keymapped directly, so I presume Schizwiz did this via the FC 2.0 menu (the MFD's show up there ready to be key mapped).

4. Shizwiz, would you be a pal and tell/pm me the key commands you allocated to the MFD's for the F15 (so I can do mine).

hello,

is there anyway to export schwall screen into a separate monitor in FC2

or Black shark?

Leavu isn't about Multimontor for the game - you may want to find another existing thread of create one in the FC helpdesk.

This is a huge thread about it, in DCS:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36551

First few pages should give you an idea - last few pages for the most updated info. (Tons of people asking the same questions over and over)

Also this is one many use for reference: http://vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Good morning,

I have LEAVU and ERI installed on a 2nd PC (WinXP SP3, all UTD). This usually runs my TB setup, and has a 10" touchscreen as its main monitor.

Yesterday, I also connected 2 x Samsung U70 screens, that fit behind the Cougar MFD pack. Unfortunately I have come across a couple of "issues".

1. LEAVU starts, and I create a borderless F15 MFD.

2. When I drag the place holder to one of the Samsung monitors (left or right) to resize (or just display). The screen is black, with no graphical data being displayed (whether connected to the sim or not, this includes the default graphics too). If I drag the screen back to the main display, the default graphics are displayed again. Puzzled with this one, and nothing I have done so far, has made the graphics appear.

3. In posts 959, Schizwiz has successfully mapped LEAVU to his MFDs. My question is how? The Cougar MFD's cannot be keymapped directly, so I presume Schizwiz did this via the FC 2.0 menu (the MFD's show up there ready to be key mapped).

4. Shizwiz, would you be a pal and tell/pm me the key commands you allocated to the MFD's for the F15 (so I can do mine).

For mapping the keys, I use a program called Xpadder,you can dl it for free,just do a google search.This program detects the Cougar MFD pack and you can program the key inputs.

I will add my keybindings in this post,to view them,use notepad.

These bindings are set to use with Xpadder and LEAVU2.Just allocate the key bindings of LEAVU to the profile you make in Xpadder.Then you load the profile for the Cougar mfd.

Next you bind the keys to your corresponding Leavu instruments.:)

grts

MFD1Keys.txt

MFD2Keys.txt

• Like 1

To see your opponent for who he or she is,is to put your blade in front of their deepest secrets and make them come up front,outward with a defeat or a win.

quick question.

will it work on just one pc with leavu and FC2 at same time? or do it has to be on second computer to make it work.

I seem can't open any MFD/HUD/ADI screen at all... (assuming it should work on just one pc together with FC2 and Leavu2).

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

As brand new user with no clues in programing I confirm that is works on a single PC, where I set up LEAVU instruments on a second monitor. I had not experienced any degradation in FPS, but then again the largest online game was about 6-8 players so far.

If you cannot open any of the instruments (provided you know how to add them), then you may have the similar problem that was bothering me. You must be VERY careful with Java installation. I have 64-bit win, but I installed 32-bit JRE and then I copied 32-bit dll's from packages to 'Windows/SysWOW64' folder. Restart the PC and try again.

Hope that helps :)

PS - Any everything from Everything.zip should go to Config folder in FC2.

Contact via PM.

Yes that works just like charm, I am pretty impressed on how LEAVU goes!. I wished I had tried long time ago.

Now I need to order the Tiny monitor for my MFD cougar!

Awesome work Yoda

EDIT: suggestion to add the RWR in available MFD list. so that way I can add as no frame to active RWR, since it has no button functionable except for AH/BG. it would be nice to have it dedicated no frame RWR into active list.

Edited by Maximus
suggestion added

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

For mapping the keys, I use a program called Xpadder,you can dl it for free,just do a google search.This program detects the Cougar MFD pack and you can program the key inputs.

Many thanks for that Schizwiz. I went to the Xpadder.com website and supported the author by paying for a licence.

Renato: Thanks too for your headsup. Rather than using Client/Host I have now setup LEAVU to run from my gaming PC. It is working on the Samsung U70's without problems. S!

EDIT: suggestion to add the RWR in available MFD list. so that way I can add as no frame to active RWR, since it has no button functionable except for AH/BG. it would be nice to have it dedicated no frame RWR into active list.

For now you can do it by creating a frameless MFD and navigating it with keybindings.

Maybe in a later version we could make it standalone.

OK. Still having a problem.

1. Xpadder installed. Detects Cougar MFDs (F16 MFD 1 & 2).

2. Added buttons 0 - 19, arranged in the shape of MFD 1 (not doing MFD 2 yet, until MFD 1 is working).

3. Copied Schizwiz's MFD1 & MFD2 files to my C:/LEAVU/Java/KeyBindings folder and replaced Yoda's originals.

4. Key binding for button 0 is LCONTROL NUMBER0 (then all the others 1 thru 19)

5. In Xpadder, allocate LCONTROL NUMBER0 to button 0 (then all the others listed 1 thru 19)

6. Start LEVU 2.0 > Instruments > (select) Lo F15 MFD > No Frame (then position it on the U70 monitor > Add (Lo F15 MFD moves to the Active window).

7. Click on Lo F15 MFD in the Active Window > Bind Keys (Key Bindings window pops up) > Select MFD1Keys > Load.

8. Now at this point the Key Bindings pop up window remains on screen - is it supposed to? Or after successful load is it supposed to close?

9. In LEAVU 2.0 dialog box, I click on Connect Sim > Start LOFC 2.0

10. LOFC 2.0 starts, LEAVU Sim Connected box is ticked.

11. Radar picture updates - no problems there

10. None of the programmed Cougar MFD buttons change the MFD picture. (Even if I try the keyboard combination LCONTROL NUMBER0 - 9, or LALT NUMBER0 - 9).

Is there a step I am missing here? Thanks.