EPIC USB

londo-cat

I know mate.. I know.. But I also know you..! And knowing you I know it will be GOOD..! And I know I should be patient, but I don't know how I'm supposed to know how to be? Because as you said you know you will be presenting something GODD..! If you know what I mean...:music_whistling:

Dude that's a mouthfull. Let's talk tomorrow and work out some new topology for I/O cards.

• 3 weeks later...
iBoard = 128 devices http://www.simmeters.com/iboard.html

Alex_rcpilot,

You know Mjoy16 DIY? Up to 112 inputs per card, plus HAT.

Sokol1

im thinking on starting to build within the next couple of weeks and am looking at the iboard. Anyone using this or have any suggestions/tips?

I work with helicopter avionics as a trade and have an alright idea with computers but have never tried anything like this before.....

Edited by jenx

Duo Core E8500, 8 GB ram, Win 7, GTX 260, TH2Go, 3x 22in LG W2252TQ monitors, Hotas cougar, TrackIR4, Buttkicker

I work with helocopter avionics as a trade and have an alright idea with computers...

(off topic, sorry) seriously man, you've got some REAL COOL business running there. :D

Speaking of sim pits, iBoard functionality looks cool to me. No comment on the price though. You might wanna sketch a couple of diagrams to determine what topology you need with the boards, which form of programing is preferable...etc.

back on topic now... :)

I have started writing the code for my ka-50 cockpit setup to be used with the EpicUSB. I have almost all the switches defined (although with null modrow and bits until hardwired) and I have also started the procedures for each of them (1200 lines and counting.. maaany more to go). I know one or two others have said they own an Epic and I would be happy to share anything that I can help others save time. I know I will need some help when the PCIP gets here, so anything I can do to help others now is as good as done. Just send a PM.

I am currently working with one of the creators of the Epic to get the left and right control, alt keys recognized and that will be fixed very soon.

Edited by JG14_Smil

back on topic now... :)

I have started writing the code for my ka-50 cockpit setup to be used with the EpicUSB. I have almost all the switches defined (although with null modrow and bits until hardwired) and I have also started the procedures for each of them (1200 lines and counting.. maaany more to go). I know one or two others have said they own an Epic and I would be happy to share anything that I can help others save time. I know I will need some help when the PCIP gets here, so anything I can do to help others now is as good as done. Just send a PM.

I am currently working with one of the creators of the Epic to get the left and right control, alt keys recognized and that will be fixed very soon.

I own an older EPIC board which I used on my F-16, but was thinking of going with the EPIC USB now. I totally think it's the *pro* way to go, although a bit expensive, moreso than the cheaper alternatives.

EPIC boards are very very cool! :thumbup:

I ordered the EPIC USB, 32 Digit Display Controller, 32 Point Output Module, Expansion Module and the Gauge/Meter Module. Expensive yes! But - you want ultimate control of your pit, this is the gold standard for sure!

Edited by londo-cat

after reading a bit more I am finding the opencockpits master card to be having more information to be able to get something going. Id like to get the switches working as I build each stage of the cockpit.

Duo Core E8500, 8 GB ram, Win 7, GTX 260, TH2Go, 3x 22in LG W2252TQ monitors, Hotas cougar, TrackIR4, Buttkicker

Hello Londo-cat,

I have completed most of the keypress routines and defining all cockpit switches (2300+ lines and counting), but nothing fancy as of yet. Latest EPRom has a work around for right crtl and alt keys (CTRL and ALT default to the left keys). Compiler will be updated soon to make it a bit easier.

Hello Londo-cat,

I have completed most of the keypress routines and defining all cockpit switches (2300+ lines and counting), but nothing fancy as of yet. Latest EPRom has a work around for right crtl and alt keys (CTRL and ALT default to the left keys). Compiler will be updated soon to make it a bit easier.

Wow! I have my boards, just have not hooked them up yet! Still building the *pit* to dimensions and then populating each component board as I go along.

When I built my first F16, I remember wiring up each panel as I went along, and found that if I did all the wiring at the end instead of each and a time, I saved more time by just making the panels and placing the switches THEN doing the wiring. Much more time efficient, I was also able to plan the cable management much better when I saw where the switches were underneath the panel boards.

His support forums are still up. Here are some other links to similar cards.

http://www.u-hid.com/

The distribution point for these cards. Might be a viable solution if in fact Leo is gone.

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=3

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=2

www.codemercs.com

Rumor has it that Leo Bodnar is back up and filling orders:

http://www.leobodnar.com/

His site is up. As to how responsive he is at the moment, I couldn't say.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

does anyone have a way of explaining for a beginner at this how to set the switch to simulate the key input in the game? The actual wiring i think im ok with.

With Iboard i understand the software but with the opencockpits i cant find how to start. This is my deciding factor between the 2.

• 2 weeks later...
20+12 keys..! That's a grand total of 240 switches that can be connected to each card..!

You say that like it's a good thing :-)

Seriously, I think that if you start wiring up 240 switches, or even 100 switches, to one board you're just going to hurt yourself.

What I think is the only sensible way to go about this is to break the cockpit up into subsystems (like the original). Then each subsystem talks to the PC with its own interface or on a shared interface.

The most complicated subsystem is the nav coumputer which has 25 momentary buttons, a couple of toggle switches, a rotary switch, a pot, and two multi-digit 7-segment displays. That's bad enough, but it's easily doable as a stand-alone unit.

Just my opinion but I think it's an approach that at least deserves to be thought about.

Cheers,

Colin

• 6 years later...
Look at Groovy game gear.

After six years, I am sure the problems have been solved. ;)

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

:lol::megalol:

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR