RADOM AIR SHOW - POLSKA

Shaman

Here is a video of the training session before the crash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMwyfQoFJ3kAfter watching this video you can tell at what point of the routine the accident happened. Also it is sad to say, but this video is probably the best airshow demo of an su-27 on youtube and maybe on the internet.

It is a shame that the cameraman was outside of the field too.

At least this video show how good the demo was.

Rip for those brave man!

OK - I selected few photos and put here.

After perfect planned journey we arrive at the airbase and first display was Red Arrows - just amazing!

ra07.jpg

ra06.jpg

Later was other old stuff and some gliders and parachuters and... bleh. Finally Midnight Hawks was airborne...

mh01.jpg

Polish fighters in formation 'GROT'

grot01.jpg

Later was Su-27 display and as You know it was last display this day... :|

Of course when I getting out from airbase I couldn't miss static display. Few from me:

a10c04.jpg

eurofighter05.jpg

f16cpl5.jpg

jas39gripen01.jpg

mig29a01.jpg

panaviatornado04.jpg

su24fencer02.jpg

mirage200052.jpgmirage200052.jpg

ts11iskra01.jpg

And preparing to last flight...

su2702.jpg

Hope You like it! Cheers!

Edited by sniffer
Probably missing images :/
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

A few days later, there will be a year that the Belarusian Air Force Su-27UBM lost aircraft and training pilots in the near Radom Małęczyn next to the village. The location near the highway 11/04/2010. memorial was dedicated in their memory. I made some photos of the area, where the machine exploded. The silence was very high ....

39479147.jpg 39479168.jpg 39479187.jpg 39479212.jpg

• Like 1

A few days later, there will be a year that the Belarusian Air Force Su-27UBM lost aircraft and training pilots in the near Radom Małęczyn next to the village. The location near the highway 11/04/2010. memorial was dedicated in their memory. I made some photos of the area, where the machine exploded. The silence was very high ....

Thanks for the photos! I like the project of the memorial...

I got the Sukhoi crash in Ukraine confused with the mid-air collision at Radom. :P

I don't see how an objective observation is "trolling"....

Probably more a reflection of your audience than your comment. In which, without saying thus you insinuate that standards must be lower either in safety in general, piloting or maintenance in Europe or with Russian a/c...

A lot less has started the familiar East v West arguments!

Also, with 50+ posts I don't really think your a troll ;)

Probably more a reflection of your audience than your comment. In which, without saying thus you insinuate that standards must be lower either in safety in general, piloting or maintenance in Europe or with Russian a/c...

A lot less has started the familiar East v West arguments!

Also, with 50+ posts I don't really think your a troll ;)

While a statement that 'the further East the worse the safety standards are' may not be true, starting probably from the German Eastern border the safety standards ARE lower. This comes both from lack of funds and, partially, mentality. It's pretty much EOT. If you'd like disagree with it, go ahead and start a new topic. I will definitely join to push my claim that an 'average Pole is not poorer than an average Luxembourg citizen'.

Edited by Bucic

Didn't a Sukhoi crash at Radom a number of years back?

I hate to say it, but it seems like most airshow crashes in Europe involve Russian-built aircraft.

maybe you get that idea from the fact that the russians had accidents on big air shows or had a lot of cameras ready to catch the accidents. Few weeks back we saw a canadian hornet crash just like the 1989 mig-29 paris air show; does it means that the hornet is unreliable? I don't think so. If you look at jet fighters accident data you can see that there are lot of accidents; but you have to consider several factors, like the dangers of flying, meteorological conditions, pilot errors, mechanical failures etc. last time I check the f-15 and f-16 accident data I counted (could be more) around 300 accidents for one type alone; but these data is from all the existing f-16 and f-15s around the world.

The flanker had some bad accidents at airshows in the past as far as I can remember this are:

-SU-27 flanker from the russian test pilots crashed on italy out of a loop too low (pilot error)

-Russian knights crash in china due to poor weather and lack of equipment on the airfield.

-su-30mki in paris; pilot error; hit the ground after several barrel rolls; hit the ground tail first; too low even for a tvc aircraft.

-su-27 Ukraine; several factors as far as I know; the aircraft was changed at the last minute, the replacement had more fuel that the original aircraft, poor safety organization; pilot error and not sure of this; an engine problem.

-russian knights accident; Maks air show, I Don't know if the report is ready but to me it looks like the pilots lost visual on the lead and hit it by mistake; this could also be attributed to the could coverage that day.

-Radom air show crash; we don't know what happened there

So there you have it; I could be missing 2 more, but you can tell that most of the accidents occurred due to human factors.

Another thing I would like to pint up; Generally here in the US there is a dedicated team of pilots to participate on air shows, In other words the same pilots tour around the country doing air show routines; I don't know if that is the case on the air-forces that utilize the su-27; but to me it looks like having a dedicated team of pilots and aircraft just for air shows improves safety a little bit by having the same routine performed over and over instead of calling an combat pilot to do a demonstration once a year.

So there you have it; I could be missing 2 more, but you can tell that most of the accidents occurred due to human factors.

I hope you wouldn't use it as an argument that there are no safety issues if statistics show more crashes on the Eastern 'side'.

• 3 weeks later...

A year has passed, there will be a year that the Belarusian Air Force Su-27UBM lost aircraft and training pilots in the near Radom Małęczyn next to the village. The location near the highway 11/04/2010. memorial was dedicated in their memory. I made some photos of the area, where the machine exploded. The silence was very high ....