TouchPal - Touchscreen Cockpit

Stuck on step 7

the only thing I have to change from the stock options.lua is the fullscreen to false and the bottom number.

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "dd_touchpal_3mon", --Or "dd_touchpal_2mon" for 2 screens

["fullScreen"] = false,

["height"] = 1080, --Vertical res of main monitor

["resolution"] = "1920x1080", --Res of main monitor

["width"] = 3744, --Total horizontal res of all monitors I PUT 2944 HERE

total horizontal res of all monitors. I come up with 2944 in the width line.

One pic is just tp on my sec monitor, the other is my main screen 32 inch tv at 1920x1080.

notice the right almost 1/3 of the screen is cut off for abris and other cropped. This causes the game to crash soon. Im not sure what to do or if this defect is something that can be worked on ???

Your almost there. Create a new file and save it as C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup\Touchpal.lua paste the following into it

Description = 'Camera on the left, TouchPal+ABRIS+Shkval on the right'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}

ABRIS =
{
x = 2249; --Horizontal res of main monitor + 329
y = 224;
width = 366;
height = 448;
}

Shkval =
{
    x = 2362; --Horizontal res of main monitor + 442
    y = 12;
    width = 312;
    height = 172;
}

Now in your options.lua change these two lines to read like this:

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "Touchpal"

["width"] = 2944

Here is my Graphics sections from options.lua for reference:

["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "Touchpal",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 0,
       ["scenes"] = "medium",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "Medium",
       ["aspect"] = 1.6,
       ["textures"] = 1,
       ["shadows"] = 2,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["terrPrld"] = "20",
       ["height"] = 1200,
       ["resolution"] = "1920x1200",
       ["civTraffic"] = 0,
       ["width"] = 2944,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]

Edited by Gadroc

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I will look that this soon.

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Well it didnt work. I can tell when it isnt going to work because after out of the gui there is a horizontal band of colored garbage those goes accross the main screen. In game is the basically the same as before but a little diff on the right with the abris map and another edge distorted of the gui that shows......

I did everything you said to do. This time things were worse and I noticed a new defect. When the GUI started up my screen was zoomed in real close. I could not hit the options button. So I hit exit. I then tried starting up again 2 more times. Once I saw a flash of the zoomed in gui then it was gone and did not come back on the third try. I have a pic of what the result was, about the same but looking worse with some edges of the gui on the right distorted. I didnt think it was worth posting. Its very similar to the other pic in my previous post.

Edited by emenance

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Well it didnt work. I can tell when it isnt going to work because after out of the gui there is a horizontal band of colored garbage those goes accross the main screen. In game is the basically the same as before but a little diff on the right with the abris map and another edge distorted of the gui that shows......

I did everything you said to do. This time things were worse and I noticed a new defect. When the GUI started up my screen was zoomed in real close. I could not hit the options button. So I hit exit. I then tried starting up again 2 more times. Once I saw a flash of the zoomed in gui then it was gone and did not come back on the third try. I have a pic of what the result was, about the same but looking worse with some edges of the gui on the right distorted. I didnt think it was worth posting. Its very similar to the other pic in my previous post.

Not sure what to tell you, this is really a Black Shark multi-monitor issues at this point. You could try setting your displays both to 1024x768 and using the Shkval + Camera multimonitor profile with out touchpal. Just to see if it's one of the settings we've tweaked. Also try disabling any mods you may have installed to see if they are conflicting with the multi-monitor setup.

This is a 1.0 install of BS. There are no mods added. I dont want to install the patch until i get through the training, etc. ill see if I can find some more time to play with the settings.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

This is a 1.0 install of BS. There are no mods added. I dont want to install the patch until i get through the training, etc. ill see if I can find some more time to play with the settings.

Ahh.... Well that's probably part of the problem. The functions TouchPal uses in Export.lua where introduced into 1.0.1. If you want to run touchpal you have to be running the patch.

I have my second monitor to the left of my main monitor. Does any one have the set file for this 2 monitor configuration using the standard 1024x768 video stepup? I seem to remember that you have to adjust the 2 monitor file to take into account where the second monitor actually is located.

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

HELP!

I have my Abris and Shkval screens to the left of my main monitor. When I run BS in full screen, the abris and shkval data appear right were they are supposed to appear but the TouchPal screen is not there. When I run everything NOT in full screen (ie, I uncheck full screen), the TouchPal screen appears but where the shkval and abris should be are very nice Pink rectangles. If I could only get the two together, it would be great. When I have the Touchpal screen showing, all the buttons and swithces work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes. I am running XP with a Nvidia 6600 and 4mgs of memory. I can get the second monitor to work fine just using the the programs that came with BS but I want all the nice buttons that come with TouchPal as it is sometimes hard to look in the cockpit while flying.

To assist your research, here are some of my files or parts of files that I am using. I have 2 monitors both on 1024x768 with the abris and shkval on the left.:

dd_TouchPal_2Mon.lua

Description = 'Camera on the right, TouchPal+ABRIS+Shkval on the left'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1024;

y = 0;

width = 1024; --Horizontal res of main monitor

height = 768; --Vertical res of main monitor

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 329; --Horizontal res of main monitor + 329

y = 224;

width = 366;

height = 448;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 442; --Horizontal res of main monitor + 442

y = 12;

width = 312;

height = 172;

}

Touchpal.xml

- <Layout>

<X>0</X>

<Y>0</Y>

<Width>1024</Width>

<Height>768</Height>

BS/data/scripts/options:

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "dd_touchpal_2mon",

["falseScreen"] = false

height = 768

resolution = 2048x768 [Perhaps this should be 1024x768, I will try that]

width = 2048

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but the 6600 is really an old card. If its not a gt you might really be in trouble. I used to run Lockon with a 6600gt and its wasnt that great, even with stuff turned down i had to run all of the fps mods. Make sure you are using older drivers. Or maybe its possible newer drivers just are not going to play right with the card.

Always rememeber , First tiime you have display problems use ONLY the video drivers offered from the CARD manufacture. For Example: EVGA, Power color, Albatron ASus xfx etc. Even if there are newer drivers in the world. Stick with what the manufacture has confirmed is valid and working.

Your problem does sound a little familer. I wasnt able to get the abris to light up on my touch screen. It would insted mess with my main display. I have so far not experienced the pinkness on the second monitor but until I get some more time with videos and get training done, I cant load the BS patch and continue with this. Do you have the new patch installed?

So good luck Im with this for now.

Edited by emenance

sorry, i am of no help but have a question myself.

when i have touchpal open the abris and shkval do not show thru

got it setup on win7 in in windowed mode

laptop 1280x800

2nd monitor 1280x1024

the abris and shkval are positioned on the secondary monitor

(not yet in perfect position or size but close)

with touchpal on top, abris/shkval are underneath,

(comparable to layers in photoshop)

and the touchpal space for abris is not see thru

Q: do you have to set the abris and shkval to be "always on top" ?

would also like the shkval in touchpal too like in earlier screenshots

(if the abris and shkval were on top of touchpal that would solve it)

must be something i missed

Edited by G3

@ggg87

There should not be anything you need to do aside from what is already listed in this thread.

The Abris is not see through until it has power. Verify that when you press the test lights buttton that the touchpal indicators are lighting up. If not there is a problem with your Export.lua setup or firewall.

thanks for quick reply, i should have been more specific

(testing on bs v1.0 so most buttons not working :) )

using the original export.lua

the 5 abris buttons work but that's about it.

to get the abris picture working:

in the blackshark touchpal profile,

i renamed the abris_blank.png to abris_blank_original.png

and then the abris area was working

as it could not find the image that should be there, crued but effective.

also noticed you hit the shk button above the abris for shkval to show.

bloody brilliant, thanks so much.

helped me get my head around the abris/shkval positioning too :thumbup:

GGG87

I am also having a problem getting the Abris and shk to show up in the second monitor. Could you please explain why you changed the name of the png file in the profile? Did you also change the name of the actual file?

What about the shk?

Are you doing this in fullscreen or windows mode?

got it setup on win7 in in windowed mode

laptop 1280x800

2nd monitor 1280x1024

in the touchpal blackshark profile,

which is found in my documents touchpal folder

the image i renamed was abris_blank.png

it is just a black square in the abris position.

i figured if that file was not found the area would be clear

and it worked.

as for the shk, thats a touch button above the abris area, and simply clicking

that swaps the top area from warning lights etc to Shkval image.

the png file was renamed but left with the same extension if that's what you mean.

i renamed the abris_blank.png to abris_blank_original.png

deleteing it may well give the same results.

You should NOT have to rename that file. The only reason ggg87 had to was because he is running Black Shark 1.0, this profile requires 1.0.1 in on order to work properly.

That black square keeps the abris screen looking blank while the power to the abris in game is off. Once the abris is turned on in game it removes the black square and it is see through. If the black square is not turning off you likely have another problem with the Export.lua file setup.

Ok. As I stated above, I get pink squares for the Abris and shk running this profile in windows mode and I thought his solution might have helped.

sorry if answered already but does your abris and shkval show up in the right place without touchpal running.

ps: now i have patched my test setup to 1.0.1

no longer needs the phantom monitor i see.

took a while to position the abris etc correctly but it was worth every second

had to subtract the left monitor from the full res in options.lua

and subtracted the left monitor (1280) in the x coordinates in monitor setup

watching those buttons reflect the in game status is fantastic :)

now it's just begging for client/server setup, all in good time.

Edited by G3

I think my coordinates are correct. I previously posted my files on the top of this page and my abris and shk are on the left. When I run in full screen, the abris and shk appear in the right place but without the buttons. When I run in windows mode, the buttons show up but where the abris and shk should be, I get pink (actually a nice color but not what I want) squares where they should be.

i noticed in the blackshark touchpal profile there is a "background.png" file that contains these pink/purple squares you are seeing.

not sure why you see these pink squares but if the file is not there it cannot show up, that's the theory:thumbup:

locate that background file and try renaming it and see what happens.

it is worth it.

OK, so now we have Virtual Instruments (which ggg87 is familiar with) available:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46579

Has anybody managed to combine that with Touchpal yet? ( I know, it's early, but this is pretty cool stuff! ).

A glass cockpit using multiple screens, with other screens handling the view out of the windows, is within reach. Ohhh, the possibilities! Conceivably, with the right sort of setup, head tracking might not be needed anymore...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Sobe, i am only guessing i am sorry, not worthy of being called help.

do not give up, maybe try starting again fresh, ensuring all files are in the right places and follow instructions precisely (not saying you didn't) :)

the creator will have valid advice i am sure.

CyBerKut, getting these two apps working together is a hot topic,

i am sure it won't be long, pretty cool alright.

Gadroc, do you see the future including network support and gui editor.

calling all .Lua-natics,

i will happily try any suggested edits to get these two apps playing nicely together.