Few mods for this excellent game

goldfinger35

I have created few mods which, in my opinion, solve some minor problems and improve this great game.

Mod 1 (install with modman):

Before this mod, A-10 gau-8 could not destroy T-55, t-72 etc.

Now it can :-)

Also, before this mod A-10 pilot would shoot 10 second bursts (!). Now it will fire up to 2 second bursts (which is realistic).

If A-10 has to destroy, for example t-72, with this mod it will fire one or two 2-second bursts and destroy the tank.

Before this mod it would fire two 10 second bursts, use all of its ammo and not destroy the tank (see attached screenshot)

I have also modified some other guns burst length; for example, Mig-31 has 10.000 rpm (!) 30mm gun but only 260 rounds.

Before this mod, AI Mig-31 pilot would fire all rounds in one burst. Now he will fire many short bursts.

ScreenShot_005.thumb.jpg.41529aca06805e9cac6fe8e7ec6ed2ed.jpg

A-10 gau-8 destroys tanks, burst rates.rar

• Like 5

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Mod 2 (install with modman):

Disables "exploits" of AI SAMs:

-before this mod, some enemy SAMs fired rockets before they could reach you. Their firing distance was set to more than they can handle so if their target is not flying top speed towards them, missiles will fall short (especially Sa-11 buk) and you can easily sucker them into firing all their missiles without reaching you.

-before this mod, you could easily fly low (15m or so, depending on the SAM) and reach enemy SAM without them firing at you.

Improved SAMs.rar

• Like 1

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Mod 3 (install with modman):

In stock game, AI planes and helis (including your wingman) could not detect enemy Stingers and Iglas until they fired, even if they were

standing 2 km from them, close to, let's say, T-72, in empty field.

Now all AI planes and helis (including your wingman) will be able to see them.

You wingman will report them if you send him to recon and will attack them if you order him to attack enemy air defences.

Also, I have increased detection range for enemy UAV (predator) - it was only 900 meters in stock game.

AI can detect Stinger and Igla.rar

Mod 4 (install with modman):

This mod should be used with mod 1, but you could also use it as a stand-alone mod.

Stock t-55 armour has a minor... "bug"; it was too hard to destroy in some cases, especially with A-10 gau-8. Not any more :-)

t-55 weaker armour.rar

Mod 7 (install with modman):

Before this mod, AI helis and planes were too dumb (in my opinion), especially when attacking ground targets.

This mod will also improve your wingman IQ :-)

skill levels modified.rar

Good Work!

If you would not mind (and if not already done), Upload them to LockOnFiles and add to the Mod database :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Mod 8 (install with modman):

This one is for TrackIR users:

There are 3 view options in patch 1.01:

-mouse moves yellow cursor

-mouse moves yellow cursor + your view > it interferes with you Track IR making your view "jerky"

-view only > it interferes with you Track IR making your view "jerky"

This mod fixes mouse interfering with your TrackIR

cockpit mouse view and TrackIR fix.rar

• Like 1

Thank you for the mods, it's good to know! It's getting more realistic.

rhino

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Goldfinger,

I haven't had the time to test your stuff yet but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making and sharing!

Good to see some AI tweak/mods etc. instead of just retextures - no offense to all the gfx artists tho ;)

I do have one question, is it safe to install your mods and still connect to on-line servers not running them? Couldn't se anything mention in the readme's about that....

Thanks again!

/KC

Try them online; most of the key files are loaded from the server, not your PC.

If you have problems (can not connect to servers), unload the mods.

Edited by goldfinger35

Thanks for the mods goldfinger, I have been using some for a long time.

I run 3,5,6,7 and play online all the time.

However the T55 one weakens a units armour, so I don't think this would be allowed, however the server should dictate the units armour but not sure?

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

How to do an automatic start with different configuration of default?

Hm?

Thanks for the mods goldfinger, I have been using some for a long time.

I run 3,5,6,7 and play online all the time.

However the T55 one weakens a units armour, so I don't think this would be allowed, however the server should dictate the units armour but not sure?

Change for T-55 armour is really not that important for weapons of your Ka-50 (Vikhr destroyed it before or after this mod. 2A42 gun rounds could not destroy it before or after this mod).

I have created this mod (weakened T-55 armour) mostly for one reason - so enemy planes (A-10, Su-25) can destroy it more easily (realistically) with guns; before this mod AI A-10 would fire 1.000 rounds and could not destroy T-55.

Edited by goldfinger35

• 1 month later...

error in lua file

Hi

I have install your mod for a10 cannon, then the game start appears a window with error in shell_table.lua:46 "-" null value.

Can you send me the original file o patch this error

Thank you

It seems that you have messed something up during the installation (you should use modman to install it).

Anyway, here are the original files.

Archive.rar