Rookie meet-up

Chris CDN

The more the merrier. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'll happily help you along your way.

I'll be around Friday and Saturday evening if anyone wants to fly then as well.

Would that be GMT Eddie? I will show up at TS GMT 18:00 and idle in pilot lounge I think :joystick:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes GMT Rusty, not sure exactly what time I'll be online over the weekend, it'll depend how distracted I get. Should be on around 1900-2000Z though.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes GMT Rusty, not sure exactly what time I'll be online over the weekend, it'll depend how distracted I get. Should be on around 1900-2000Z though.

Nice flying with you Eddie :notworthy: I'll be logging on your TS whenever I'm flying now :D

I've now got an 8 ship and a 4 ship mission finished and ready for a test so, depending how many people we have, we can give them a go rather than using public servers.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That were fun! I sure had some trouble flying through that canyon :pilotfly: But when we changed server I was blown out of the sky by a SAM :) I saw it coming but didn't move, I froze, must be the cold weather here up north :music_whistling:

Anyway, lot of fun with

"MackTheKnight"

"Sabre"

"Haril"

"Chris"

and me as "HiJack"

Mac's landing with no tail was a really good show :D

There were a few more when I logged on but didn't get their ID :huh:

Edited by HiJack

Sorry I couldn't join you guys. Ended up being "engaged domestic".

Spoiler

Harbinger here.

That was some awesome fun I had today. I'm really lucky that my first MP experience is such a good one.

In the rookie terrorists mission I only crashed once and did an emergency landing successfully after losing right engine, although I wasn't able to make it back to the FARP.

The second mission was hard, we all got shot by anti air multiple times.

I especially loved the SAM that killed Hijack aka Rusty. To me, who was on the ground at that time, the missile seem to be going really high, since we warned each other not to go high, I said something like "That missile is going nowhere" on TS, and right when I finished, big fireball and Hijack is history.

Shame I missed it - but I am working hard to get up to spec with the weaponry (no point just coming along as a 5th wheel...) and will jump on as soon as I feel confident enough to last more than the 2 minutes in my first combat mission. :cry:

I've a lot going on at the moment and not enough hours in a day.

JD

Sorry I wasn't able to stay on very long on Sunday. Things are quite busy around here and I was only able to get online for about 45 minutes or so. Thanks to everyone who keeps making these events a huge success.

Again, I've updated the first post with this Sunday's date on it. See you all out there (and don't worry about being a fifth wheel, there's a reason it's called rookie meet up.)

NSDQ

See you all out there (and don't worry about being a fifth wheel, there's a reason it's called rookie meet up.)

+1

I don't claim to be any sort of expert in the Shark, but I'm always happy to pass on what I do know to anyone.

Hope to see you all again on Sunday, if not earlier in the weekend.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Updated 21 January, 2009

I propose we meet up on Eddies Teamspeak channel (which has been moved to Teamspeak 3 at the moment) at 2 PM EST (That's 1900Z or 1100 PST) on Sunday, the 24th of January. From there, we'll find a server with a few open spots, or set something up ourselves.

Chris

I'm in. I was looking to join a virtual squadron (still am) but this sounds just as good. See (ah hear) everyone Sunday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm in. I was looking to join a virtual squadron (still am) but this sounds just as good. See (ah hear) everyone Sunday.

Indeed, all the upsides of a sqn, without any need to commit to regular play etc. It's the way forward.

Spoiler

I intend turning up for this one - I wanted to be on tonight, but my wife had other ideas... ;)

Anyway, is there the risk that too many people come along?

Is there a limit to the number of players, or is this limited by the server? (and therefore the mentioned risk of too many people :) ).

I don't know if my 3.5MB/s connection would be sufficient to host - but if so, I'd be willing to do so on a future occasion.

I guess that then it's groups of 4 pilots per flight?

JD

I'll be there and I suggest we get better datalink assignments. There was some confusion at the last meet who was flying which aircraft.

So I propose the first 4 use 127.500, next 4 user 127.400, next 4 use 127.300, etc. so we can have multiple players but still datalinked to our four-ship flights.

What do you think?

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'll be there and I suggest we get better datalink assignments. There was some confusion at the last meet who was flying which aircraft.

So I propose the first 4 use 127.500, next 4 user 127.400, next 4 use 127.300, etc. so we can have multiple players but still datalinked to our four-ship flights.

What do you think?

Yes we can! :megalol:

What do you think?

Indeed, you can also have a common frequency that the flight/element leads can use to transmit data-link info between flights. Obviously this need co-ordination over comms.

There's a reason TS has the channels it does ;)

Spoiler

A fun evening.

Was nice to meet you guys at last and have a blast!

I learned more this evening by flying along than in the last 3 weeks reading manuals (data overload).

Still haven't fired a shot in anger, though - I missed that damn master arm switch - d'oh! :music_whistling:

Took some happy snaps- I've not set up the AA/AF yet, so a bit jaggy:

tomtencannoning.th.jpgtomtenblasts.th.jpgpanicb.th.jpg

oopsy.th.jpgidiewhilehijackspotsand.th.jpghijackoverflies.th.jpg

hijackgetsoutadodge.th.jpghijackattacks.th.jpgeddieusingcannon.th.jpg

eddiecannonblasting.th.jpgandhitting.th.jpg5thnovemberorsilvester.th.jpg

Looking forward to next week's meet - I'll be getting in lotsa practice in the meantime. DataLink and Targeting.

JD :thumbup:

• Like 1